Whale Watching in Cabo

Cruisin Rick

A couple of years ago my wife and I went on a Whale Watching excursion in Juneau while on a great cruise. We enjoyed it more than we thought we would and got some great pictures.

We'll be in Cabo mid March. Will there be any whales still around that late? Anybody do the Cabo Whale Watching excursion in Mid March?

While we were there in early Feb, I think they would still be there in March. They don't even offer whalewatching til mid December. Our trip thru the Pride was probably better than our Capt Larry Orca tour in Juneau. We saw as many whales, they were closer, and were just sort of playing with our tour boat. We had the ship videographer on board and got some great footage on the video they offered at the end of the cruise. They had open bar and snacks on board, but once you get busy with the whales, it is hard to get back and forth to the best rail picture points. I put a few on a new photo site, let me know if you can view them.

http://photosite.com/jquinn/mexico_2004_cruise

Hey John, those were great pictures! I also enjoyed your pics of Randi's Happy Horses. brought back memories of our visit with her. You also had a very good picture of the Arches. Good shot.

Do you remember the name of the Whale Watching excursion you were on?

Rick,

It was through the Carnival Pride and it was the only large boat tied up at the dock where the tenders come in. It was the CaboRey. Good tour, but we did see others in one other good sized boat, a couple of cabin cruisers for six or so and some small glass bottom boats with two or four in them doing the same thing. The whales in Feb were right there outside the harbor with the Pride in the background. I think the private tours were definitely cheaper but don't know about drinks and snacks, restrooms. Ours was very nice with good naturalist.

Some take the pirate ship but whalewatching is not its only focus. Thanks on the pictures. I will add more as I figure the photo site out. There are some Alaska whale pictures to compare with at this site:

http://community.webshots.com/user/jq4653

Archived