Carnival Cruise - Kid's club question about hours in port

SuperCoolOne

Hi all, this is a repost from the Carnival section.

My partner and I are planning on a 5 day to the Bahamas on the Fascination in April of 2010.

What are the kid's club hours while in port? Specifically, at Nassau when the boat is supposed to be there from 7am to 10pm

We are looking at the excursions and wondering if we can do an excursion with the kids (Blackbeard's with stingrays) and then take them back to the boat and come back and either relax on the beach for a bit or maybe do the sunset cruise.

Would that be feasible? The actual excursion times aren't listed, just the amounts of hours.

Yes it's feasible. :)

Here are the port time hours...they are open all day long

ACTIVITIES

Hours on Port Days

• Supervised free play begins from port arrival until approximately 2:00pm; scheduled activities resume at 2:00pm until 10:00pm. This service is complimentary.

Hours on Sea Days

• Scheduled activities run from 9:00am to 12:00pm; 2:00pm to 5:00pm; 7:00pm to 10:00pm. This service is complimentary.

Thanks, do you if it is hard getting to and from the ship in Nassau? I am guessing not, since some people go back for lunch.

Also, I know we would pay for babysitting after 10. Do we have to reserve that ahead of time or can we just tell them we want babysitting that day?

Thanks, do you if it is hard getting to and from the ship in Nassau? I am guessing not, since some people go back for lunch.

Also, I know we would pay for babysitting after 10. Do we have to reserve that ahead of time or can we just tell them we want babysitting that day?

No, you don't need to tell them about babysitting ahead of time. You may wanna tell them that you are getting off the ship, just in case. But as far as babysitting, nope, when a child isn't picked up by 10pm, then they are put right over into the "babysitting" service. Which to the kids, means nothing. They still do the same activities. To the parents, it means $6/hour. ;)

And Nassau is VERY easy to get around. You are docked. There is a short pier. Then the terminal building. Outside the terminal building are taxis. When you go on the stingray tour, you will be taken down the dock, outside the terminal building and load onto the boat right there. Then when you go back to the ship, you can decide if you want to get back off again later. We were exhausted, so we stayed on the ship. :)

Archived