The Skinny B*tch Diet did it for me!!!!

daviesmom

A friend recommended the book Skinny Bitch to me and I ended up reading it in a day. It's not so much a diet as it is a plan for getting your body cleaned out and healthy. The book has been criticized for being a bit of a vegetarian manifesto rather than a diet book, but I now believe that cutting out meat and dairy really does help keep your system clean and your body thin. I now weigh 118 lbs (at 5'6"), and I've never felt better.Has anyone else had success? The authors have a cookbook too called Skinny Bitch in the Kitch, but I don't think I'd recommend it because it relies a little too heavily on meat and cheese substitutes which are a bit yucky and don't help too much with weight loss (in my opinion).

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard of it and find the title funny. If it's a lifestyle that's sustainable for the rest of your life and nutritionally sound, then go for it. The secret to weight loss success is eat healthy, watch your portions and exercise. It's not rocket science, but the weight loss industry wants us to think it's more complicated than it really is. (Stepping down off my soap box now)

I read the book a few months ago not really going into it too seriously (I heard it was funny.) I became an automatic vegan/vegetarian! (I eat cheese about once a month....and I haven't been ablt to tear myself away from the Coach purses yet.) I have lost 10 pounds in only two months and haven't looked back. The book totally worked for me. I even have the workout DVDs from the series (the bootcamp kicks your butt!) It is so much easier for me to make healthy decisions now, but I do agree that this may not be for everyone. Eat LOTS of fruit and veggies, only whole grains, and portion control....the weight will just fall off....

The only thing I'm worried about is trying to skip on all the deserts on my upcoming cruise......

Archived