CC or Aqua class on Solstice

kjames

That would really be an individual choice. What is the difference in your pricing now? I upgraded from a 2B balcony to AQ for approx. $200 pp which was worth it to me for the relaxation room, persian gardens and dining in Blu for an 11 night cruise. It all depends upon if the added amenities are worth it to you for the difference in price that you would pay. To me the $200 was worth it but maybe not to others.

Booking 11 night mediterranean cruise! First time and overwhelmed with choices. Is it worth Extra $ to book Aqua class vs CC? Thanks for your help!

KJames:

I've attached a summary I received from Celebrity on the amenities you recieve by booking in AQ and from what I understand from reading through many threads Blu makes it worth the extra $$ in itself, but it is so much more than that. We booked AQ and I think having done so is going to add to our trip experience.

AQ_Amenities[1].pdf

Blu may be very good and all, but from my understanding, if you are traveling in a large party and wish to dine with your family and friends, they'll have to be in AQ as well, or else they will be assigned to the MDR.

Just something to consider. We originally booked an AQ class for this upcoming April on Equinox, but are the only people in a large party to book AQ. We are traveling in part to enjoy not only ourselves, but our friends and family's company and wished to dine with them. So we changed to CC.

This may not apply to you, but something to consider that can be overlooked.

Blu may be very good and all, but from my understanding, if you are traveling in a large party and wish to dine with your family and friends, they'll have to be in AQ as well, or else they will be assigned to the MDR.

Just something to consider. We originally booked an AQ class for this upcoming April on Equinox, but are the only people in a large party to book AQ. We are traveling in part to enjoy not only ourselves, but our friends and family's company and wished to dine with them. So we changed to CC.

This may not apply to you, but something to consider that can be overlooked.

If you are in AQ you can request to be switched to the MDR instead of dining in Blu. You would need to contact the Maitre'D - some have reported you can see them in Blu or the MDR to make those arrangements.

Originally Posted by pumpkin 11 viewpost.gif

Do cc-class cabins recive color coated sea passes?

No, AQ=blue, Sky Suite=silver and Suites=gold. quote.gif

CHILDREN = Yellow

all other = white

I was in cc, and mine was gold-it also depends on your captain's club status.

Do cc-class cabins recive color coated sea passes?

Yes. We just returned from the eleven night Med cruise on the Solstice. Our CC cards were gold. We had gold seapass cards for CC class on the Infinity in October as well.:)

KJames: I've attached a summary I received from Celebrity on the amenities you recieve by booking in AQ and from what I understand from reading through many threads Blu makes it worth the extra $$ in itself, but it is so much more than that. We booked AQ and I think having done so is going to add to our trip experience.

I completely agree and if DH and I were sailing on Solstice, we would prefer the menu and the more intimate ambience of Blu by booking AQ. The spa amenities would enhance my cruise, DH not so much. ;)

I just returned from the 5/25 Solstice cruise. I would not do CC class. It is just not worth the extra $$$. I might consider the AQ class only for dining in Blu, which I heard from other passengers was great. I would on the other hand recommend a balcony and spend the money in the specialty rest instead.

My sister and I were on the transatlantic in April in Aqua Class. We both loved it -- access right down the hall to the Relaxation Room (we kept thinking we would read, but kept falling asleep!), the Persian Garden, and especially Blu. We thought Blue was excellent. I felt like I was dining in the most expensive restaurant in town every night. Flowers, canapes -- no big deal. I would pay extra just for Blu.

• 1 month later...
KJames:

I've attached a summary I received from Celebrity on the amenities you recieve by booking in AQ and from what I understand from reading through many threads Blu makes it worth the extra $$ in itself, but it is so much more than that. We booked AQ and I think having done so is going to add to our trip experience.

Great link thank you.

jj........

If you are in AQ you can request to be switched to the MDR instead of dining in Blu. You would need to contact the Maitre'D - some have reported you can see them in Blu or the MDR to make those arrangements.

Hi Donna, I have a client who is in AQ but does not want to eat in Blu at all, he wants MDR! I am waiting for X UK to reply but do you think he can get swapped before his cruise or will he have to wait until he is on board and then ask every day in your experience?

Archived