Car Seat questions for BC folks...

dosi

Since I received such brilliant help in my cost of gasoline question, I thought I would toss out another question to you wonderful folk. We will be in BC in May 2005. My son will be five years old. Here in Cali we are required to use a booster seat in the car for him. Will the booster seat suffice in Vancouver or do we need something else? I don't know if it makes a difference but he is about four feet tall and prolly weighs about 50 pounds. Thanks for any info you can provide. Cheers!! :)

Thanks for the info grouchy. Our booster is very light weigh and we have had much success travelling with it by using a bungee cord to attach it on top of our carry on. I believe we will just bring it with us. Timmy is used to his seat and some of the seats I have seen at the rental places really don't look very clean nor very safe.

My son will be five years old. Here in Cali we are required to use a booster seat in the car for him. Will the booster seat suffice in Vancouver or do we need something else? I don't know if it makes a difference but he is about four feet tall and prolly weighs about 50 pounds. Thanks for any info you can provide. Cheers!! :)
The booster seat will suffice as long as it conforms to safety standards. He's over the height and weight limits for infant/toddler car seats. Upper weight limit is 18 kg (about 40 lbs).

Here's the government site with the regulations:

http://www.icbc.com/Road_Safety/carseat_law.html

ell

• 5 years later...

Here is the official information regarding child/infant/booster seats for British Columbia.

While this may not be checked at the border, it could be checked by any law enforcement officer.

The determining factor will be the chld's weight and height (see Stage 3).

Booster seats like the one illustrated are allowed.

http://www.icbc.com/road-safety/drivers-passengers/childseats-new.pd

Archived