Celabration cakes/what happens9

Tripgy

Its our 25th wedding anniversary and i was thinking of ordering a cake. However were sitting on a table for 8 we were just wondering if the champagne celebration cake will be large enough for all .Also is it just brought to your table as an afterthought or do they make an occasion of it (only 39 more days i so excited )

I celebrated my Silver WA onboard Arcadia - it started this huge addiction to cruising.

The celebration cake is plenty enough for a table of 8 I can assure you. After 5 courses of food, you will have plenty left over. Have you given a date for the WA to Pando? if so hopefully this will mean that on your WA evening you will have the cake delivered to your table by singing waiters.

photo of the cake here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/1stCruiseCanariesOnArcadiaMay06#5113824673786626882

I ordered the deluxe occasion package for my silver WA which included champagne breakfast on the morning of the WA, a massage, facial, professional photo take on formal night, + chocs, flowers and a bottle champagne in cabin on arrival. Thats seriously worth considering to make the cruise extra -special.

Photos of the flowers from the package here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VeniceCruiseMay2008#5205163464627540546

We ate in Gary Rhodes restaurant for our anniversary night for a romantic evening alone, on a table for two, unbeknown to us the table was decorated with balloons in the main restaurant -oops!

I celebrated my Silver WA onboard Arcadia - it started this huge addiction to cruising.

The celebration cake is plenty enough for a table of 8 I can assure you. After 5 courses of food, you will have plenty left over. Have you given a date for the WA to Pando? if so hopefully this will mean that on your WA evening you will have the cake delivered to your table by singing waiters.

photo of the cake here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/1stCruiseCanariesOnArcadiaMay06#5113824673786626882

I ordered the deluxe occasion package for my silver WA which included champagne breakfast on the morning of the WA, a massage, facial, professional photo take on formal night, + chocs, flowers and a bottle champagne in cabin on arrival. Thats seriously worth considering to make the cruise extra -special.

Photos of the flowers from the package here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VeniceCruiseMay2008#5205163464627540546

We ate in Gary Rhodes restaurant for our anniversary night for a romantic evening alone, on a table for two, unbeknown to us the table was decorated with balloons in the main restaurant -oops!

thanks Libralass41 thats very helpfull, im not sure what you mean about telling pando is that short for p&0.do they do anything special as it is also my birthday x

ha ha I,d no sooner clicked the send button when it sank in what pando spelt me and hubby had a right laugh at ourselves u must think us total plonkers.On another note however u seem quite knowledgeable so wondered if u could enlighten me on whether the pools are heated or not.They wern't on the thomson celebration and it wasn't half as enjoyable.

thanks Libralass41 thats very helpfull, im not sure what you mean about telling pando is that short for p&0.do they do anything special as it is also my birthday x

Yes 'PandO ' P&O.

They will need to know the date somehow, to ensure you get your cake delivered on the right night. Have you told your TA?, Or have you booked the cake and stated the date,?

Hubbies birthday was when we were on a 3n mini-cruise. When we boarded I went to reception and ordered a cake, they asked for the date,and table number. On that night all things went to plan - at the table.

You can order a cake from P&O by ringing them prior to the cruise. The details will be in the Holiday Information booklet you get sent (the same one with shoer excursion information in). You have to pay by credit card and you give them the date you want it to be delivered and whether tyou want it delivered to the cabin or the restaurant. It can also be done at Reception but they need 48 hours notice.

I would echo what LibraLass says about the Deluxe Occaison Package. It is excellent value for money at £145. I ordered it for my wife's Birthday on our recent cruise. The Champange and Choclates were lovely as was the small flower arrangement in the cabin. We requested the date for Champange Breakfast on the first afternoon from the cabin steward. On the day of my wife's Birthday the Breakfast was delivered along with a Birthday card signed by the Captain. That was a nice touch. :)

You get vouchers for most of the things and have to sign the voucher for the Breakfast and request a date and time. Our Steward also took the voucher for our Formal photo by mistake. She have us it back the next day as you need it to hand over at the Photo Gallery. The vouchers for the treatments you also need when booking at the Spa. Just a word of warning. The entitlement for a massage is a full massage. We were told that you could book any type of massage so my wife opted for a Back, Neck and Shoulder massage (which was very good). However they tried to charge her £44 for a half hour treatment! The person at the Spa said that you shouldn't have had that treatment. Once she expplained that we had been told you could they refunded the money. She also had the Oxyjet Facial which she said was fabulous.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Eddie

On another note however u seem quite knowledgeable so wondered if u could enlighten me on whether the pools are heated or not.They wern't on the thomson celebration and it wasn't half as enjoyable.

Didn't Sir Martin already answer your question re: heated pools? ONLY IF THEY CHUCK IN THE BARBIE.:D

We have celebrated birthdays and wedding anniversaries on board ship. We usually pre-book the cake and get it delivered to our table. Believe me, as already pointed out, after a large dinner you will only have room for a small piece of cake, and there will be more than enough to go round. On our Aurora cruise last year we celebrated a wedding anniversary, and we both had birthdays, and a couple on our table also celebrated their golden wedding anniversary. Needless to say there was a lot of celebrating taking place, champagne flowed and we had three cakes. We ended up giving the third cake away to our waiter as we felt we couldn't face any more. What cake is left over after your meal will get taken back to your cabin to be eaten at a later time if you wish. Your table will be decorated with streamers and balloons so everyone knows you are celebrating, and when the cake is brought to your table you will be "serenaded" by the waiters. It really does make it a little bit special. During your cruise you will hear many renditions of Happy Birthday and Congratulations. Do have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your 25th.

Archived