Spa Warning

mrgreencard

I was on the CP on 12/4-12/11 and the Spa prices have increased. Some as high as 25 to 30 percent. I had booked through the personalizer a while back and when I had printed out all the treatments that my wife and I had scheduled. When we get showed up for the treatments I had found out that the 50 minute hot stone massage (which was pretty bad by the way) had increased from $80 to $100. They honored the price becuase I had the printout showing the price. However one of our friend who also booked months ago online did not have the printout and they charged her the new price. It seems their computer can tell them how you booked but not when. When she brought up the printout they credited her the difference. The bottom line is book online to lock in the price much like booking the cruise and print out the reservation page which has the prices on it and bring it with you. Those that didn't have it were screwed.

The Spa itself looks very nice but I have never had a hot stone massage where they mix in some cold ones! I almost flew off the table the first time the cold one hit my back. It wasn't exactly pleasant. Additionally, there were times that I felt they were beating the crap out of me. I can only imagine what the deep tissue feels like. I have had hot stone massages on both Celebrity and RCCL and they were amazing.

Thanks for the heads up I am booking on line and will take the print out without with me so they cannot pull a fast one. My husband is looking forward to getting the deep tissue massage and was hoping it they would be strong enough to really work the muscles.

Think this is a 'seasonal' thing? Or is it permanent. Are the prices the same for all the ships? Is the list on Princess' site the same for all ships?
The original post was about Caribbean Princess – one of two Princess ships where you can reserve your spa treatments online. Sapphire Princess is the other. Both these ships have spas run by Princess. The spas in the rest of the fleet are run by Steiner and so the rules – and probably prices - are different.

Has anyone else had a hot stones massage on the CP? My husband and I each booked one. We have had hot stones massages at spas and on other cruise ships. If someone else has had a bad experience please let me know. Thanks for any information.

Joan

It seems to me that Princess does business that way. that's why I will not be on one of their ships for quite some time. The service on my cruise was not up to par, nor was the cruise. I wrote my letter with 21 complaints and my response from Princess was, too bad we're sorry your wife got sick, we're sorry that your waiter was poor, we're sorry your cabin steward didn't do his job, we're sorry.... etc. Cruise with us again. I'm going back to RCCL where I know I'm loved.

Rick

Has anyone else had a hot stones massage on the CP? My husband and I each booked one. We have had hot stones massages at spas and on other cruise ships. If someone else has had a bad experience please let me know. Thanks for any information.

Joan

DH and I both had the hot stones massage on the Caribbean Princess in July. WE LOVED IT!! It was a first for both of us (and the first massage ever for DH). We are sailing the Diamond in April, and plan another massage. The spa on the Caribbean Princess was AWESOME - be sure to use all the amenities throughout the week!

:cool: Here's a sly tip for getting spa services for FREE!!

When you first get on the ship, make a bee-line to the spa and ask them a few questions about the services and find one that appeals to you and then ask if they are taking volunteers for the embarkation demos...I received a Seaweed Aromatherapy Wrap and Massage that lasted 2.5hrs and it was absolutely FREE...AND, he gave me 20% off any other services during the cruise.

Give it a try!

Is there a price list for the spa availabe on the princess site or in with our final docs? I would love to have an idea of what treatments and how much before I leave...I am on the Dawn Feb 27... read the hint about getting to the spa asap for possible free/demo treatments on another tread but had forgotten .. :D

Thanks

Is there a price list for the spa availabe on the princess site or in with our final docs? I would love to have an idea of what treatments and how much before I leave...I am on the Dawn Feb 27... read the hint about getting to the spa asap for possible free/demo treatments on another tread but had forgotten .. :D

Thanks

There is a spa brochure for the Caribbean and Sapphire Princess on the site, not sure how the prices compare. http://www.princess.com/onboard/spa/

We had a similar experience on the Caribbean Princess. Having booked on-line a month in advance, we discovered that the charge was $25 more than posted, in addition to their adding a 15% gratuity. Rather than confront the manager in the presence of so many people (somehow, we're the ones who look like the idiots, even though we're totally in the right) I asked what my options were. The reply was to see the purser and/or contact Princess. I told him that I'd be going to the Guest Relations Desk immediately, at which time he acquiesced. We also had the gratuity removed, and tipped the gal directly (didn't want the house to skim anything off the top). If this in Princess' way of operating a spa, perhaps they'd be best turning it over to Steiner, as is the case with all but two ships in the fleet. I found this episode totally reprehensible, and so informed everyone.

Al

Archived