Polynesian Cultural Center & Arizona??

planb

We took private tours for both of those, and we were glad we did. Traffic in Honolulu can be bad and it's nice to not worry about it. For many folks, the cost savings is worth the hassle, but it wasn't for us. Plus we like the additional information you get from the tour guides.

We did a full day tour to the Polynesian Cultural Center and another full-day tour to Pearl Harbor. It was called the "WWII Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure". It included the Arizona Memorial, tour of the USS Missouri (battleship), tour of the USS Bowfin (submarine), and the Pacific Aviation Museum. We enjoyed all of it and highly recommend it.

To me, a tour to Pearl Harbor is a waste, as it is very easy to do on your own, and once there, a tour offers you nothing more than what is already there. You still have to stand in line for tickets, and once your PH tour starts, the other tour that you paid for, is not involved in any way.

Now, PH is very easy to get to by 'The Bus' but not the same for the PCC. If it were me doing it, rent a car, as they are fairly cheap in Hawaii, and you can come and go as you please. I never had any problems with trafiic in Honolulu, just parking is a big problem. If you are only keeping the car for the day, they you won't have that problem. You said you are there till 11:00, I'm not sure if you can return the car that late, but that is something you need to check out. But the PCC is really only accessable by car.

To do a tour there, again, is just wasting money on something that really doesn't offer you very much more than what you can do yourself.

Again, IMVHO, you will be rushing from here to there, and not really getting the full experience of each place. PH is not a place to just run in and run out, and the PCC has so much going on, you might need a full day there. But that is up to you.

Archived