Fitness Center?!

Kaaaitlyn:)

I'm cruising on Island Princess to Alaska next month! And I am oober excited :) But I was just wondering if anyone knew the age restrictions on children and such in the fitness center.. because I don't particularly like little kids playing on the treadmills while I am working on my bikini body ;) (hehe) Also.. does anyone know the hours it is usually open? Thanks!

Typically fitness center opens at 7:00 am., but I have seen some earlier-6:00 am. I think the Ocean Princess is 7:00am, I was on her when she was still the Tahitian Princess. I think I have seen notices that children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult, or not allowed at all,but enforcement can be spotty. In my experience ( I use the fitness facility extensively-usually early morning) children "playing" on the equipment is not much of a problem, happens occasionally, but not often, and not for long. Bigger problem can be where there is a sign up sheet for cardio equipment, and people do not show up. Most ships do not have this, but where it exists it's terrible. I get the sense that many people cruising see the facility and think they will suddenly use the opportunity to start exercizing, and sign the sheet, but never show up-I'm pretty sure they sure don't miss the buffet. Thankfully this usually only lasts for 1 or 2 days. I don't recall the Ocean princess using the sign up scenario.

Archived