Saving money from NZ

J18ktleo

Friends are looking to book the Infinity South America and they live in New Zealand...are they able to book thru a US TA? Is it cheaper after you factor in the airfare to the states???

Friends are looking to book the Infinity South America and they live in New Zealand...are they able to book thru a US TA? Is it cheaper after you factor in the airfare to the states???

Hi - I have just been through all of this with my Travel Agent!! I booked through iCruise in New Zealand and the manager told me that I was unable to book directly through Celebrity - even off their website it still has to go through your local travel agent and they get their pricing directly from the Celebrity wholesaler. It has cost me considerably more than if I had been able to go direct and I'm not too happy about that.

I don't know about the airfare part because most cruises are sold without airfares - these are separate.

Scottygirl1

Thanks so much HOWEVER we're wondering if we could go directly thru a travel agent here in the US...if anyone has tried that???:rolleyes:

Or are US agents unable to book those out of the country?

Scottygirl1

Thanks so much HOWEVER we're wondering if we could go directly thru a travel agent here in the US...if anyone has tried that???:rolleyes:

Or are US agents unable to book those out of the country?

Give it a try - you must have an American address. Apparently our agent told us that New Zealanders have been asked to pay the difference prior to boarding the ship when they have paid via another country!! I'm not sure how they could do that if you are providing an American address.

I think we will try that next time - we do have a friend over there who's address we could use. When I questioned the big price difference (just today actually) my agent told me that port fees are not included in the fares shown on the Celebrity website. Apparently when these were added and the money exchange worked out my fare was not too different.

If you pay in USA too you won't have gratuities included like mine has.

Scottygirl1,

Thanks again. However, even with a US address when you register you'll have to enter your passport and you'll be EXPOSED!

Well, They can keep trying...it just seems like such a huge price difference but when you figure the air and everything maybe not so??? They live in Tauranga and we just met them tonite...we're doing Australia/New Zealand on Princess in January and are hoping to visit them before we said from Auckland!

Thanks for the info...take care

You certainly can book with the large US discount cruise companies from overseas! I do not believe you can book air through them however. Some on their Home Page will have a link for overseas visitors to click onto. For instance, check out (not allowed to give name!) the people who sell you holidaystogo.

Good luck!

When we started looking at booking our cruise this year we contacted a number of USA TA's and pointed out we were from Australia. They were all very helpful (one even telephoned us directly) and were told that we could book through them without any problems and one company had references from Australians. I would find it strange that New Zealand would be treated differently.

Archived