Action Boys vs Belizecruiseexcursions.com ?

carla1183

We're trying to decide who to book our Altun Ha tour through and these two companies seem to be the best price-wise and I've read good reviews for both.

Action Boys - the reviewers seem more excited about this company, saying how much fun and interesting their tour guides were.

$45, no lunch

Belizecruiseexcursions - didn't see any complaints, but most people just said "Yes. We used them. We liked them."

$42.50 includes lunch

Anyone have any insight or suggestions one way or the other?

Thank you!

We used Belize Cruise Excursions to visit Lamanai Ruins. The van was air conditioned and comfortable for the seven of us. The driver was friendly, but did not babble on and on, which I prefer. When we arrived at the New river, we met up with our actual tour guide, Icy, who is wonderful. He stopped all along the River on the way to the Ruins to point out animals and unusual plants to us. We saw bats, snakes, birds, and even a crocodile! We stopped and chatted with several local fishermen and they would hold up their catch for us to see - very cool and they were all so friendly.

The lunch served by Icy at the picnic pavillion was very good! Tender belizean chicken, rice and beans, papaya and salad. Plenty of cold drinks.

Ruins tour was interesting and informative. When we had climbed to the top of the 125 foot ruin, Icy started "calling" the howler monkeys and they were answering him. Very Errie sound!!! The kids all loved it as at first we thought it was fake - then we could see the monkeys in the tree tops and realized what we were hearing was real!!! They sound they make is what I would imagine a dinosaur would sound like!!

The return trip to the port went very smoothly, just long and we were tired by then. Many of us slept. Oh, also, we were the only people at the Ruins! We had the whole place to ourselves. I highly recommend this tour.

Anyway, I hope this gives you a better idea of BelizeCruiseExcursions.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back home from our Carnival Cruise. This was our first cruise and booking the zip line with Action Boys Belize was a good decision. We got off the ship early as instructed. When we reached the exit of terminal # 1 Donald Ramirez was there holding a sign with our names. We boarded the van and off we went. Eventhough we got off the ship early we met a long line at the zip line site. I noticed Donald walked to one of the zip line guides and spoke to him. He then gave us the sign to come forward. We walked pass the long line and were assisted with our gears. I felt like a V.I.P. , not needing to stand in long lines. The zipping lasted about 40 minutes. After the zip line we headed to the Belize Zoo. The tour of the Zoo was free. They don't charge for a tour of the Zoo since we pass by. We were just asked to pay our entrance fees ( $10.00 ).

Whilst doing the tour of the zoo Donald pointed out some medicinal plants. He also shared a lot of history and culture with us. After the tour of the Zoo we did a short drive through the countryside. We stopped for lunch at one of his friend's home. It was home style cooking, and it was GOOD!. Judith was the cook. She was a very polite and kind person. We also saw some Howler Monkeys in the nearby bushes.

Having Donald as our tour guide was like having a brother you can count on. Our day was relaxing and full of fun. Missing our tender didn't cross my mind. For some reason I knew we were in responsible care. When we got back to te City we went to the dock and boarded our tender. I felt so bad that such great fun had to come to an end.

Highly recommend Donald's great services!!!!!!!!!!!

We used Action Boys to tour Altun Hu back in December and it was absolutely great! My family loved the tour and Donald. He is fantastic. Very knowledgable about his country and also very flexible about your plans.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a visit to Belize onboard the Carnival Valor and were very pleased with Belizecruiseexcursions. They were waiting for us at the tender dock, were efficient and courteous, and Jenny our tour guide was wonderful! I'd highly recommend them.

We used Action Boys in June. We had a private party of 13 of us with 5 being children. They were prompt, the driver was very informative and friendly. He even stopped and bought some fresh Mangoes on his own as my youngest daughter told him they were her favorite fruit. He bought enough for all of us to have a few - that was the thing my kids still talk about. He took us to a great place for lunch and we got great service being there with him.

We chose to do the ziplining/cave tubing/ and zoo package they have. It cost about $100 each, but gave a discount for the children and myself for organizing the trip. The ziplining was fantastic and extrmeely well organized. We have doen this before and I really thought this was one of the best run programs we have done. We ran out of time for the zoo.

As far as cave tubing... we probably will never do it again. We have cruised a bit more than maybe the average person and have always booked things privately. many people love the cave tubing on here, but we really did not feel this way. You will be with tons of people no matter what company you choose walking through the jungle for a bit. I felt like I had come half way across the world to be in a Wal Mart parking lot. There are just so many people. I would save the money and take you and your family white water rafting in the USA. It is much more enjoyable. Now - before a people jump down my throat - Ia m not saying cave tubing is not enjoyable... I am just saying... you paid lots of money to go to Belize then to feel like you ( no matter what group you are with as they pretty much all go in and out the same place) to feel like you are cattle on some path in the jungle that you cannot enjoy as the mob pushes you along and there are people in the water all around you - just isn't my cup of tea. You can spend the same money or less and go white water rafting in the US and have more adventure and more peace.

Here are my only words of caution about Action Boys. I had many times confimred that we would be a private group and they would have extra guides int he water with us since we had 5 children with us. They confimred this each and every time. Apparently, a group of 5 booked last minute with them coming off the ship. At one point our driver asked if they could come in the van with us. I did say NO as it was only a 15 passenger van and we were out of room with stuff and kids in seat belts and such. Also, we were to have 2 guides in the water, but they gave our other guide to the group of 5. I was really upset with this, and tried to relay that to them - it didn't work. I still will say that our one guide still had a smaller group with the 13 of us then some of the others I saw, BUT that was not what I went to Belize thinking we were going to have.

I would use Action Boys again, but I would discuss my issues with them and get everythign in writing that I would want.

Hope this helps.

Archived