Best transportation from FLL to Port

Mouselover. How long are you going to be in FLL b/4 your cruise? I went to the Dollar Car web and reserved a full size Dodge Charger for 40.00 total with a drop off location at the port. And they will shuttle you to the port. Used OOAG as code. If it's only the 2 of you you could get something smaller. That way you're not stuck at the hotel all day. The math being what it is you have a 15.00 dollar trip to the hotel,Maybe a 10.00-15.00 from hotel to port. So approz. 30.00 in cab fair. Might want to check that option out.

We were thinking of renting a car after the cruise and I did look at Dollar. There is a rental agency at the port, and we can drop the car the next day at the airport and there's no drop off fee. My husband has a lot of trouble with his legs and he can't walk very far. Do you have any idea where this agency is? Sorry to sound so dumb, we've always just gone straight to the airport, but this time because of flights, we are staying over an extra day.

We have a car rental for our arrival day, but still need to figure out departure after the cruise. Will four people fit in a cab? Yes, I have never been in a cab!

BTW Ace tours is now $75.00 for four people.[/quote

First you have four people in ONE rental car with all their luggage? That won't work at all unless you rent a mini van. As far as a cab (I assume you mean coming off the ship) you will find van type cabs waiting outside the port to get you back to airport in FLL from Miami for about $70 per couple. Hope this helped.

Why not? It works when we drive on other vacations with our own cars.

$70 seems high, for two people. I gues I will sick with Ace tours, since they are $75 for the four of us.

We were thinking of renting a car after the cruise and I did look at Dollar. There is a rental agency at the port, and we can drop the car the next day at the airport and there's no drop off fee. My husband has a lot of trouble with his legs and he can't walk very far. Do you have any idea where this agency is? Sorry to sound so dumb, we've always just gone straight to the airport, but this time because of flights, we are staying over an extra day.

We went with Hertz, you drop the car off and they drive you to the port.

Archived