All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Did they for sure raise their prices? Last time I went on Carnival's website is said $199 yet.:confused:

$249.00 was reported here several weeks ago. If you want a definite answer, I'd suggest you call or email CCL in the next six days.

I called and they said they could not tell me until I get on the ship that they don'y know the prices. I think that is so stupid. At $200 I think I would get one- at $250 I'm thinking not. We're going to Disney before hand and it would be nice to know if I should just spend the extra money there.

I would like more information on the wave runners also.

DH and DS want to do it in San Juan.

Maybe they will do it in HMC instead.

CCL site says "guided tour" one hour....

Is it really only one hour and how "guided" is it really.

Edited by reno3

We were just there this past Monday on the Fascination, and the rental price was exactly $225. :)

Thanks! What to do- what to do?!?! We just found out the Magic Kingdom is staying open one night until 2 a.m. but we would have to buy an extra ticket. We're staying at the Contemporary resort- right next door. Soooo.. should we do the night or the cabana?!?!

Thanks! What to do- what to do?!?! We just found out the Magic Kingdom is staying open one night until 2 a.m. but we would have to buy an extra ticket. We're staying at the Contemporary resort- right next door. Soooo.. should we do the night or the cabana?!?!

Are you planning on cruising to HMC again in the near future? If not, rent the cabana. That little slice of paradise is not to be missed.

The Magic Kingdom is an easy trip, and can be visited anytime.

Edited by Typhoon1

Definitely rent the cabana!

Yeah- I think we're going to go for the cabana. We do go to Disney every other year- this is are off year but we were so close we thought we'd stay a few nights. Hopefully we get one. We're going to try to be the first ones on the ship but know V.I.P. is first. Fingers crossed.

reno3 - from what I've heard from others who did the wave runners on HMC - VERY guided, like follow the leader, and not too fast either. :( We have decided against it, unless we hear otherwise.

Thanks for the info. I think we will pass here also.

Yeah- I think we're going to go for the cabana. We do go to Disney every other year- this is are off year but we were so close we thought we'd stay a few nights. Hopefully we get one. We're going to try to be the first ones on the ship but know V.I.P. is first. Fingers crossed.

Please come back here and let us know details on (hopefully) getting your cabana:D

hmc.jpg

Hopefully this is readable:D.

Could anyone tell me if these are the same prices for HAL?

It was the float mat, and snorkelling equipment I wanted to check on.

Also if you rent a clam shell in advance from the HAL website, you can pick where you want to be, or do they assign you a specific one?

Thanks

Edited by debsjc

Can ANYONE please tell me if there's a towel stand on the island where we can check beach towels out and back in like there is on the Lido deck or do we need to take them off the ship with us??

There will be plenty of towels available as you leave the ship, just be sure to return them.

If you are in a cabana, there will be towels provided.

When we were on Carnival Pride in July, our cabin steward said they had been asked to tell passengers to bring the beach towels from their cabins, as towels would not be available on HMC. We did have two towels in the cabana.

As for the MDR - it will be closed for lunch, as it is on all port days. On our cruise it was open for breakfast from 7 to 9.

We will be doing a B2B next year with HMC on the 2nd leg. Does anyone know if we can book a cabana during the 1st leg for the 2nd leg?

I guess no one has tried to do this. I'll try to remember to come back to this thread next year and answer this question!

I guess no one has tried to do this. I'll try to remember to come back to this thread next year and answer this question!

While I don't KNOW I would guess you could not, since Carnival doesn't let you book these in advance of your cruise. Being on a B2B you would probably be able to be the first one to line up to purchase the 1st day of the 2nd cruise though. A lot can happen in a year. Maybe by that time Carnival will change and do it like HAL does and offer it online.

Good luck!