Last Minute...have I got everything..help!

I am heading to Miami tomorow for my first ever cruise. I am so scared I will forget something important (we are travelling from Ireland). Once I have my set sail pass printed and have my passport, is that all I need at the port to board?? Thanks!!!

I am heading to Miami tomorow for my first ever cruise. I am so scared I will forget something important (we are travelling from Ireland). Once I have my set sail pass printed and have my passport, is that all I need at the port to board?? Thanks!!!

Just noticed, you have not printed your set sail pass yet. If it is within 3 days, they do close down that option, so you better print it soon! If you miss the opportunity, don't worry, your reservation/confirmation number will suffice it will just take a few more minutes at check-in.

Just noticed, you have not printed your set sail pass yet. If it is within 3 days, they do close down that option, so you better print it soon! If you miss the opportunity, don't worry, your reservation/confirmation number will suffice it will just take a few more minutes at check-in.

I could never understand the Set Sail pass. Everytime I present it at the check in counter they say they don't need it and give it back to me. But like a good drone I continue to print it out anyway.

One more thing you'll need.

On this side of the Atlantic, we have this big ball of fire in the sky called the SUN, and if you spend even 20 minutes in it, your skin will start to what's commonly referred to as BURN.

You may have to look on the black market there in Ireland to find something called SUN SCREEN. If you must pay black market rates, so be it. You won't regret it!

You just forgot one thing to pack - ME!:)

Have a Great Time (I'm sure you will)

I could never understand the Set Sail pass. Everytime I present it at the check in counter they say they don't need it and give it back to me. But like a good drone I continue to print it out anyway.

Wow... that's different... They have always kept ours after we've presented our credit card and both of us have signed it. I wonder why?

To the OP: Congratulations on your first cruise! I'm sure you'll love it! It took me many years to convince DH to go on a short one just to try it. He loved it too. After that, no problem!

Wow... that's different... They have always kept ours after we've presented our credit card and both of us have signed it. I wonder why?/QUOTE]

I don't know either. Maybe becuase the same information is duplicated in the ticket packet. Their is a page in the book that I sign that has the credit card information on it as well.

Wow... that's different... They have always kept ours after we've presented our credit card and both of us have signed it. I wonder why?/QUOTE]

I don't know either. Maybe becuase the same information is duplicated in the ticket packet. Their is a page in the book that I sign that has the credit card information on it as well.

OK, this explains it, I think! We never take anything out of the book. Thanks for the explanation!

One more thing you'll need.

On this side of the Atlantic, we have this big ball of fire in the sky called the SUN, and if you spend even 20 minutes in it, your skin will start to what's commonly referred to as BURN.

You may have to look on the black market there in Ireland to find something called SUN SCREEN. If you must pay black market rates, so be it. You won't regret it!

Hey, we had sun in Ireland last week y'know! 25 degrees & bright blue sky.

Sadly this week we're back to rain, grey skies & COLD!

catbaba20, where did you find sunscreen for that price? What a bargain! I was going to wait & buy mine in Barcelona before we board rather than pay rip off Irish prices.

catbaba20, where did you find sunscreen for that price? What a bargain! I was going to wait & buy mine in Barcelona before we board rather than pay rip off Irish prices.

Apparently you had our sun because it rained all week in NY last week. And today. I'm about to say, "top o' the mornin' to ya" to the next person I see.

I think catbaba's E1.29 sun screen actually said Sun Skrean on the bottle... :)

Tesco Value! I got a 200ml factor 6 for 1.29! They also have a huge tesco value SPF 10, 20 or 30 for 7.99. It says 5 star UVA protection. I reckon its as good as what you would get anywhere else!

Yes, LOTS of sunscreen, re-applied every few minutes. I am not kidding -- have gotten some bad burns over the years even when using sunscreen. If you plan to actually lay out in the sun, start really s l o w l y ---- just 10 minutes the first day. This assumes you have very pale skin. I do, and burned myself to a crisp in 20 minutes in Hawaii a few years ago and totally RUINED my trip.

You know I got a LOT of suncreen! Very reasonable prices here...probably due to the lack of sun! Just picked up a bottle for 1.29 (euro)!

Tesco Value! I got a 200ml factor 6 for 1.29! They also have a huge tesco value SPF 10, 20 or 30 for 7.99. It says 5 star UVA protection. I reckon its as good as what you would get anywhere else!

Sounds like a good deal. I did see Lidl were doing sunscreen as well the other day, but I didn't pay much attention to the price as I still have half a bottle leftover from last year (I figured that would do me for the rest of the summer, should I need any at all :rolleyes:)

Buying it when I get there also lightens the load in my case, as I'm stuck with 20kg & whatever I can get into my hand luggage.

Back to the original "have I forgotten anything?" question - have you sorted out your ESTA visa waiver thingy online to get into the States? I presume you still need one even though you clear immigration before you leave Irish soil.

Archived