Jeep Tour through Carnival

Purplesaurus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, my husband and I did the jeep and cenote tour in march 2009 with Carnival.

it was a lot of fun.

Once off the ship, we met up with the tour guides(they had a sign), they walked us to the jeeps. we were grouped into 4, (so we paired up with another couple, they were really nice). Decided who got to drive first. Off we went. About 3/4 of an hour, maybe less. Not sure. We then visited the caves, awesome. We got to jump in (or use a ladder), water is refreshing, you must wear a life vest, they don't want you to touch the bottom, it is a fragile eco system. All around you, way above your head, you can see bats, the guides will tell you to whisper so as not to wake them ( obviously so dim wits started yelling, oh look bats, wow, oh, no, etc, and the bats woke up, and started flying around, not a problem as they don 't even come close but you know the dim wit patrol, lol, they started screaming even more LOL, anywho, you can take pictures, it is absolutely gorgeous, you swim around for awhile, you follow the guide and he tells you neat stuff about the cenotes. You get to put some of the very rich minerals on your skin and face, it will make you look younger .... tried it, did not have much succeess with the before and after age look, LOL.

After the swim, you can do a bit of shopping. I bought a nice blanket for 5$ US, they sold soda, jewlery, art, pottery etc.Then back in the jeep for the beach break and lunch.

The beach was out of this world. The water warm, clear blue, soft sand... a dream. The lunch was a buffet, mexican specialties and salad. you could get a free soda and they did have a paying bar. After about 2 hours it was time to go back. We had about 30 minutes left at the dock before embarkation.

Let me know if you want more info!

Archived