Thank you CC!!

I read an earlier post about Carnival having an agreement with Amtrak giving cruisers a discount. I called today and got 20% taken off of our trainfare to New Orleans!! I know its not a lot, but hey.... $40 here.... $40 there.... its starting to add up!!!

Thanks!!! If I had not read it here, I would never have known!!!

I had no idea, I have family traveling from Orlando to Miami for our upcoming cruise and I may mention it to them as an adventure on the way to the ship - thanks for sharing

Hey 40.00 is several drinks of the day :D

I had no idea, I have family traveling from Orlando to Miami for our upcoming cruise and I may mention it to them as an adventure on the way to the ship - thanks for sharing

Hey 40.00 is several drinks of the day :D

Call Carnival and they will tell you the code to use. I got it from Carnival. They may need their booking number (Carnival said I would, but the lady didn't ask me for it).

I had to use the Amtrak automated system, which did not accept the fare code. So I said agent about 3 or 4 times and I was transferred to an agent who took care of everything for me!!

Email me if you have any questions!!

AAA also gets you a substantial discount on Amtrak. I am planning on taking Amtrak from FLL to Orlando after my Freedom Cruise on January 10, 2010 and spending a couple of days at Disney (I have an AP - so I can come and go as I please). Then fly out of Orlando.

Call Carnival and they will tell you the code to use. I got it from Carnival. They may need their booking number (Carnival said I would, but the lady didn't ask me for it).

I had to use the Amtrak automated system, which did not accept the fare code. So I said agent about 3 or 4 times and I was transferred to an agent who took care of everything for me!!

Email me if you have any questions!!

Thanks for the tips, I'll let you know how it works out :)

Archived