Coki Beach Diving

alschmid

On a cruise at the beginning of August and was thinking of booking a dive independantly for coki beach. We are certified OW divers, but only done a few certified dives and they are far spread apart - reason for picking the shore dive to start off on. We will do a scuba refresher with the LDS. Also was thinking Coki dive since we can just stay at the beach for the rest of the day before heading back to the ship. Seems like most reviews I've read dont' really promote coki beach but rather a boat dive - has anyone done this dive and had positive feedback?

(Also thinking of diving St Kitts on this itinerary...any recommendations?)

On a cruise at the beginning of August and was thinking of booking a dive independantly for coki beach. We are certified OW divers, but only done a few certified dives and they are far spread apart - reason for picking the shore dive to start off on. We will do a scuba refresher with the LDS. Also was thinking Coki dive since we can just stay at the beach for the rest of the day before heading back to the ship. Seems like most reviews I've read dont' really promote coki beach but rather a boat dive - has anyone done this dive and had positive feedback?

(Also thinking of diving St Kitts on this itinerary...any recommendations?)

I dove at Coki Beach with the Coki Beach Dive Club. It was a shore dive. The rest of the family went to Coral World while I dove. We snorkeled at Coki Beach together after the dive.

The beach is beautiful.

The dive was ok. The water is clear. There was not much coral or fish. The dive was cheap. I would recommend it if you have never been there.

We took the local bus from the cruise terminal for about $1 per person. The dropped us off at the end of the road and we had to walk down hill about a mile to Coki Beach. We took a pick-up taxi direct from the beach back to the cruise terminal for about $15 per person as I recall.

A couple of years ago I did a back-to-back cruise where we stopped in St. Thomas twice, only 2 days apart, once on the first cruise then once on the second. I scheduled two dives with the Coki Beach Dive Club for the first stop. I was in a group of 9 on the first dive and enjoyed myself. The other divers did not do a second dive so it was just the dive master and myself for that dive He gave me a superb personal dive experience. So much so that I booked him for the second cruise stop two days later and he gave me two more great dives. All of this personal attention did not cost me one cent more than if I had gone with a group. However, I did end up leaving a nice tip each time so in that since I did spend a little extra.

I would not hesitate to book dives with them if I were you. However, because of the limited terrain there, I would probably book with another dive shop in the future. I think I've probably covered most of Coki Beach in the four dives that I had there.

Archived