Excursions??????

jamaica06

Because it was about a matter specific to one port, Grand Cayman. The "big board" is for more general discussions of Carnival Cruiseline. They always move threads that pertain to only one port to that port's board.

That's what is so strange, I did have it on Grand Cayman board. It's still here, just says moved to excursion "topic".

Oh well, doesn't matter. I just wanted the Dolphin Cove name on there because it's still pretty new to Grand Cayman.

Thanks.

I can only tell you what this group of "swimmers" did. I know they have other packages.

Encounter - our group went to the platform. Half of the group went to the "submerged" platform to stand and half laid on our bellys on the regular platform. We had one dolphin. They would have 1 or 2 people do the kiss, dance with the dolphin then send her over to the belly layers to pet. We were never bored waiting for our turns. Then she did a few tricks.

Swim - Everyone put on life jackets and divided into groups of 10-12 it looked like. One dolphin per group. They pet, hugged, kissed and did the belly ride with the dolphin. I believe the also danced, but I'm not sure. Then the dolphin did a few tricks, leaps and then a final drive by hug.

I didn't see anyone do the thing where the dolphin lifts you out of the water by your feet that day, but they had pictures in the gift shop so that must be another package.

I would have loved to do the swim, but my 8 year old isn't a swimmer yet. Maybe next time.

• 2 weeks later...
I can only tell you what this group of "swimmers" did. I know they have other packages.

Encounter - our group went to the platform. Half of the group went to the "submerged" platform to stand and half laid on our bellys on the regular platform. We had one dolphin. They would have 1 or 2 people do the kiss, dance with the dolphin then send her over to the belly layers to pet. We were never bored waiting for our turns. Then she did a few tricks.

Swim - Everyone put on life jackets and divided into groups of 10-12 it looked like. One dolphin per group. They pet, hugged, kissed and did the belly ride with the dolphin. I believe the also danced, but I'm not sure. Then the dolphin did a few tricks, leaps and then a final drive by hug.

I didn't see anyone do the thing where the dolphin lifts you out of the water by your feet that day, but they had pictures in the gift shop so that must be another package.

I would have loved to do the swim, but my 8 year old isn't a swimmer yet. Maybe next time.

Did you see anyone doing the push, pull and swim excursion? We're on a Royal caribbean cruise in Feb and looking into this excursion that involves boogie boards while the dophins push us, and we're looking for feedback on thar excursion before we book, if possible.

Sounds like your tour was great which is helpful. thanks.

I stumbled across the thread and man it helped me out alot. I was thinking of just booking CCL Cayman Island Tour for the turtle farm. But as i started reading more about the stingrays i wanted to see them for sure. So i looked online and found the website and will be doing there turtle farm tour early in the morning and then useing chip and Michelle for sting rays hopefully if the timing is good. Thanks for all the name dropping on the thread. :D

Archived