Rome and Florence Train stations?

Depends on your definition of regular sights...

You can take the metro near the vatican museum to some of the sights with a little walking including spanish steps, trevi fountain, colosseum, roman forum, etc. Pantheon and piazza navona will be a very long walk from either of the nearest metro stations..

Unless you are really ambitious I wouldn't expect to do much else in a day that includes the vatican museum and st. peter's.

• 2 weeks later...

For Heinbloed please - I will be in Rome in July and I want to go from Civitavecchia to the Vatican (before I do anything else). I have looked up Roma S. Pietro on Trenitalia numerous times and even called them and I was told there is no station with that name. I've tried various spellings but still nothing. Am I doing something wrong? If it's not a stop on Trenitalia is it just a metro stop? Thanks for any help.

For Heinbloed please - I will be in Rome in July and I want to go from Civitavecchia to the Vatican (before I do anything else). I have looked up Roma S. Pietro on Trenitalia numerous times and even called them and I was told there is no station with that name. I've tried various spellings but still nothing. Am I doing something wrong? If it's not a stop on Trenitalia is it just a metro stop? Thanks for any help.

I am entering here:

Roma Space S Dot Space Pietro

Roma S. Pietro

like here:

FSCivRomaSP1-vi.jpg

and I get immediately the correct station:

FSCivRomaSP2-vi.jpg

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived