internet anywhere cards in Europe?

I've searched many of the threads here, and although I find many discussions on the use of mobile phones internationally, I cannot find any reference to those "Internet Anywhere" cards available through Verizon or AT&T.

Has anyone used one of these and/or know of any success (or horror) stories? I've gotten vague answers at the Verizon store and from Best Buy, but I'd feel more comfortable getting answers from actual users in the areas where I will be (doing the Baltic cruise in August).

Thanks for your help

I've searched many of the threads here, and although I find many discussions on the use of mobile phones internationally, I cannot find any reference to those "Internet Anywhere" cards available through Verizon or AT&T.

Has anyone used one of these and/or know of any success (or horror) stories? I've gotten vague answers at the Verizon store and from Best Buy, but I'd feel more comfortable getting answers from actual users in the areas where I will be (doing the Baltic cruise in August).

Thanks for your help

Verizon will supply you with an international cell phone that uses the same phone number as your regular cell phone. You can call Verizon and ask for their Global Service Dept. You pay only for the calls you make and they will tell you how much it is from each country. If you pay 17cents per day, you will even get a reduced rate. Your only other expense is $9.95 for shipping it to you and they provide you with a label and box to send it back to them when you are finished with it at no extra charge.

Thanks for your help

Just re-read your message and realized you were asking about phone cards Sorry. They do sell Verizon phone cards at Costco and I believe they can also be used in Europe, but not sure.

Archived