Noisy Carnival Cruise Ship Ruins Familys Cruise

texas34

I think this sums it up pretty well:

In the end, I think Carnival truly tried to work with the Moscoes and I feel their compensation was fair given the circumstances. However, chalk this one up to the old adage that you can’t please everyone. As for the Moscoes, they won’t be cruising again anytime soon.

OMG this is why there are people that continue to try to get a freebie from the cruise lines.

When the decibels was found to be within normal conversational tones then they (carnival) should have offered them some earplugs not 900 dollar OBC.

Unfreakingbelievable that they offered them 1,400 in compensation.

My sister and I booked an balcony guarantee on the Glory a few years back, we were under the buffet area and we got woke up every morning at 6am with scraping chairs and loud thumps.

Did we complain? No we didn't complain to anyone, we didn't feel we should get compensation for lost freaking sleep.

I learned not to book guarantee, and I grumbled a little on here maybe.

Did it ruin my cruise? Absolutely not!!! We had an awesome time.

I think there are people in this world just looking to sue someone, these people sound like those type, they should get nothing.

Too bad Carnival tried to be a good guy.

Carole

Quotes from article....

Interestingly, the report notes that on two occasions guest services dispatched a technician with a decibel meter to monitor the noise in the Moscoe’s stateroom. “Mrs. Moscoe took the meter in the stateroom where the measurement inside the cabin was 62dB, which according to several noise charts, is at the low end of the scale for normal conversation,” he said.

In the end, I think Carnival truly tried to work with the Moscoes and I feel their compensation was fair given the circumstances. However, chalk this one up to the old adage that you can’t please everyone.

IMHO, the article is a fair assesment of the real situation ! The amount of sound was minimal, the Moscoe's are being idiots and Carnival offered very fair compensation.

I don't comment much, but I've been reading these boards for 3 years now. This is too much!!! R U KIDDING ME!!!

First off - $5000 for a family of what - 3?? They weren't in a suite and from the looks of the deck plans, they were not THAT close to the atrium....... UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!:cool:

Quotes from article....

Interestingly, the report notes that on two occasions guest services dispatched a technician with a decibel meter to monitor the noise in the Moscoe’s stateroom. “Mrs. Moscoe took the meter in the stateroom where the measurement inside the cabin was 62dB, which according to several noise charts, is at the low end of the scale for normal conversation,” he said.

In the end, I think Carnival truly tried to work with the Moscoes and I feel their compensation was fair given the circumstances. However, chalk this one up to the old adage that you can’t please everyone.

IMHO, the article is a fair assesment of the real situation ! The amount of sound was minimal, the Moscoe's are being idiots and Carnival offered very fair compensation.

you say tomatetooooooooo I say tomawto, you say very fair compensation I say EXCESSIVE...........:p;)

Noise on the ship is one of those things you have to sometimes put up w/ on a cruise. For me, it is just part of the experience - Like having to deal with lines at Disney World. It isn't something that keeps me from cruising. I completely understand people being upset about it. The answer is to do a little research on cabin location. Although, this does not protect you from rude neighbors. This episode seems like a fairly mild occurrance(both in decibels and the lateness of the noise) and Carnival more than made an attempt to satisfy.

Now, as to the jerks across the hall on our recent Victory cruise, I hope you enjoyed all of the 7 am hang-up phone calls I made to your cabin to repay you for your nightly 4 am hallway parties! :D

;)

Now, as to the jerks across the hall on our recent Victory cruise, I hope you enjoyed all of the 7 am hang-up phone calls I made to your cabin to repay you for your nightly 4 am hallway parties! :D

That is some funny right there

I wonder if the Welcome BAck Credit is combinable with the future cruise credit

LOL this is too funny! I know what they are talking about we were on the Glory in Nov and had the last side balcony room on Upper deck. Karioke was down below and we could hear each song being sung. But made me laugh and was always done by midnight. It was not too loud and now I am thinking I should have pitched a hissie fit and got my bar bill covered!;)

Lonnie

BOB!!!! I won't send them your CD, I love it too much!!!!!

Good to see ya posting !!!!

Carole

Hi Carole!

Good to see you on the boards too! Glad you like the CD...

Sorry for the hijack folks, back to topic...

Cabin 6363 is a balcony cabin well aft of the atrium... I don't know how they could have even HEARD the entertainers in there...

Noise on the ship is one of those things you have to sometimes put up w/ on a cruise. For me, it is just part of the experience - Like having to deal with lines at Disney World. It isn't something that keeps me from cruising. I completely understand people being upset about it. The answer is to do a little research on cabin location. Although, this does not protect you from rude neighbors. This episode seems like a fairly mild occurrance(both in decibels and the lateness of the noise) and Carnival more than made an attempt to satisfy.

there you go!! thats an excellant idea *giggles* may sound like back in elementary with the crank phone calls, but when ppl dont have the decency to be alittle quiet lol. and i agree with most on here, that is wayyyy too much compensation! i work for a motel, and it is AMAZING how many ppl wait until checkout or wait until their home and COMPLAIN then about something.. excusseee me, how about giving the property a chance to correct the problem then if it cant then yes, some compensation is in order.. sheesh..

How the heck did something this goofy even merit an article being written? If the deci reading was within normal limits, they didn't deserve a single penny, and it certainly didn't warrant an article written.

Not sure about jerks but I think they are pretty stupid......I would have took the phone off the hook after the first call:D:p

Archived