Noisy Carnival Cruise Ship Ruins Familys Cruise

texas34

Those of you who are so upset about this family really should aim your frustrations at Carnival. Carnival obviously knows it has a problem or they would not offer compensation, move people to other cabins, etc.

There is a very simple solution: Disclosure on the front end.

We were on the Glory a few years back, and had the cabin from hell--it was the back of the ship, Main deck or something, and oceanview. Anyway, the thing vibrated like crazy, (think the I Love Lucy episode when a train went by the hotel room...I kid u not...) Anyway, we were Platinum members at that time, and after the 2nd complaint, (I don't think the Purser got the 1st one) they moved us immediately, and apologized up the wazoo. I wrote Carnival, and all they offered was the 45 day letter. Dummy me, I accepted, not knowing that I could send it back and say it was not acceptable. 4 or 5 cruises have passed, and we have taken all of them with Carnival.....Have 2 booked again already and am looking forward to the FUN which is why we choose this line.

Maybe this family should vacation at a rest home or a cemetery where it is quiet and they can get some rest.

According to the article Carnival did not offer to move the Moscoes.......what they did for you was the right thing to do IMO.....

Those of you who are so upset about this family really should aim your frustrations at Carnival. Carnival obviously knows it has a problem or they would not offer compensation, move people to other cabins, etc.

There is a very simple solution: Disclosure on the front end.

There is an even more simple solution, soundproof the floors and ceilings of the places that have loud music, they could do this during dry dock.

Or could they??? Not sure how extensive this would be, but in building the new ships they certainly could design or plan it better.

It doesn't work that way. Hotels, and theoretically cruiselines, know which rooms or cabins are next to mechanical equipment, H-VAC equipment, the lobby, etc. They are aware that the natural environment of those rooms regardless of who is in the rooms around them is louder than their other rooms. It is taken into account and the rooms are pre-discounted. It's like getting the room next to the AC compressor, it's ten bucks cheaper because you have to deal with the AC compressor. If it's acknowledged thing, there's no reason for "everyone" to suddenly being hearing noises. I think the bigger issue is disclosing that Cabin X is cheaper than Cabin Y because it's right over the hawsehole and subject to higher decibel range noises when dropping or picking up anchor. It's not exactly a selling point.

I totally understand that. I think my point was missed.

We were on the Glory a few years back, and had the cabin from hell--it was the back of the ship, Main deck or something, and oceanview. Anyway, the thing vibrated like crazy, (think the I Love Lucy episode when a train went by the hotel room...I kid u not...) Anyway, we were Platinum members at that time, and after the 2nd complaint, (I don't think the Purser got the 1st one) they moved us immediately, and apologized up the wazoo. I wrote Carnival, and all they offered was the 45 day letter. Dummy me, I accepted, not knowing that I could send it back and say it was not acceptable. 4 or 5 cruises have passed, and we have taken all of them with Carnival.....Have 2 booked again already and am looking forward to the FUN which is why we choose this line.

Maybe this family should vacation at a rest home or a cemetery where it is quiet and they can get some rest.

Just a heads up on your vibration, it is caused by:

cav·i·ta·tion

NOUN:

1. The sudden formation and collapse of low-pressure bubbles in liquids by means of mechanical forces, such as those resulting from rotation of a marine propeller.

There IS NOTHING a cruiseline can do about this natural occurring vibration.

It happens whenever the ship is starting out, accelerating or slowing, using the props. Also the bow or stern thrusters do it too.

It is NOT engine vibration, the engines are not located in the back of the ship.

We always book aft balconies when possible. I have never found the vibration to be very bad at all. But I have seen neighboring cabintmates scared out of their wits by that vibration. They are convinced that something is seriously wrong. But once the cause is understood it is barely noticeable.

Just a heads up on your vibration, it is caused by:

cav·i·ta·tion

NOUN:

1. The sudden formation and collapse of low-pressure bubbles in liquids by means of mechanical forces, such as those resulting from rotation of a marine propeller.

"Sir, she's cavitating!"

"I don't care, Jonesy!"

Sorry, I just had a "Hunt for Red October" moment.

This happened to me a few cruises ago, I was in a hurry and slipped right next to one of the yellow caution cones and was sitting in a puddle of water and laughing so hard at my clumsiness, DH tried to help me up and HE fell and was laughing, so a drink waiter came over trying to pick us both up, he probably weighed 50 pounds less than me (tiny guy) which made me laugh even more! I never once thought it was Carnival's fault nor would I ask for anything for me being uncoordinated! :p

A year or two ago on the Triumph, my wife slipped on the deck out by the grill area, there were no cones or warning signs, she was not doing anything unusual, just slipped. Other than not being charged at the infirmary for an examination to make sure nothing was broken and being given some pain meds, we received nothing nor did we expect anything. Even though the area was wet, it was not Carnivals fault that it had just rained. Yes these people should not have gotten the compensation that they did let alone demand more

A simple apology with a nice bottle of winner or the supper club comped would have been sufficient.... and I say that not knowing how loud it really was..

$900 or $1500 ?? C'mon.. that is just crazy..

As i have said a million times before.. my company is a vendor to some of the cruiselines.. we sell an accoustic soundproof material.. it's a no brainer!!!!!!!!!!

These people have a FOUR YEAR OLD.... shouldn't they be used to crappy sleep??? My DD is almost six.... the only time I get a perfect restful night is if she's with a sitter. If she's home, I sleep very lightly, hear every sound that goes thump in the night, wake up at least once or twice, etc.... so hearing noise wouldn't bother me a bit and I can't imagine how a couple with a 4 year old could be bothered by it either.

It seems alot of people on here would pay for the noisy cabins.........hear that Carnival:confused::p:D Now all they need to do is slap a notation on these particular cabins....easy peasy:D Problem solved......don't even have to discount them....

These people have a FOUR YEAR OLD.... shouldn't they be used to crappy sleep??? My DD is almost six.... the only time I get a perfect restful night is if she's with a sitter. If she's home, I sleep very lightly, hear every sound that goes thump in the night, wake up at least once or twice, etc.... so hearing noise wouldn't bother me a bit and I can't imagine how a couple with a 4 year old could be bothered by it either.

What about the non-child-having cruisers that get assigned that room, then? I really think we're starting to split hairs, here.

It doesn't work that way. Hotels, and theoretically cruiselines, know which rooms or cabins are next to mechanical equipment, H-VAC equipment, the lobby, etc. They are aware that the natural environment of those rooms regardless of who is in the rooms around them is louder than their other rooms. It is taken into account and the rooms are pre-discounted. It's like getting the room next to the AC compressor, it's ten bucks cheaper because you have to deal with the AC compressor. If it's acknowledged thing, there's no reason for "everyone" to suddenly being hearing noises. I think the bigger issue is disclosing that Cabin X is cheaper than Cabin Y because it's right over the hawsehole and subject to higher decibel range noises when dropping or picking up anchor. It's not exactly a selling point.

this is A FAMILY BOARD-------Lets have no more of that, "HAWSWHOLE" talk, really!!!!

:D

Puh - leeeeeese with this!

I knew cruising was going to be a fair chunk of money (though a good value), so before I went to the travel agent, I did some reading. Every book/magazine/website I looked at advised that you look at the deck plans of a ship before picking your cabin, and the various reasons why some cabins are less desirable. So even though booking guarantee is often cheaper, I will NEVER do it - just so that I don't end up somewhere I don't want to be.

Only compensation that should have been offered was a nice plate of cheese to go with the whine...

I am pretty sure I got your point, and I agree.

So many people out there that want something for nothing, hands out, looking for a way to get more, more, more.

Exactly. Too many people out there practicing the 6th of the 7 sins.

I think that they should have just told them that we tested the noise level in the room and it is with in reason, I am sorry but there is nothing more we can do. Then they should have turned the speakers up!!

Archived