Any thoughts on using a PeaPod travel bed for an almost 3yr old?

klguess

We are going on a big family vacation this summer - our cabin (DH/me/3yr old) in a balcony on Rccl Mariner - and another inside cabin for 2 more DD.... I like the idea of bring a Peapod for my little one - light can be blocked by the coverings and we could put him down in either cabin - but I'm interested if anyone has used this on a cruise. Does it take up too much space? We had thought about also turning the sofa toward the wall and using that as a bed - he is just now in a 'big bed' and we worry about him falling off the edge w/o some kind of support. Any thoughts? recommendations?

There are travel bed rails you can buy that inflate, so they're easy to pack. I think One Step Ahead carries them.

On our Carnival Glory cruise last month, my 3-year-old slept on the sofa bed without problem. She usually turns horizontal during the night, so I created a makeshift barricade out of the chair in the room, the vanity stool, and some pillows:

067sidesleep.jpg

I also like the idea of putting the mattress on the floor.

I'm bumping this as well....we have the peapod and used it when we went to the beach for our four month old....loved it. We are going on a cruise next month and we are thinking about taking it (but we could also just get a crib delivered to the room so we are trying to decide as well.

Archived