Tell me about the Vision of the Seas...

jimbug

Hi everyone,

I'm currently booked on the Carnival Pride, but am having second thoughts. As a matter of fact, I'd *really* like to try RCCL, and the Vision of the Seas fits our budget and schedule nicely. I realize that the Vision is not one of the newest or largest ships, and probably pales in comparison to the Voyager Class ships...but keep in mind that I have never been on RCCL, and have actually only been on one cruise--the Sapphire Princess.

I'll be cruising with my 52-year-old mother and 23-year-old best friend (first cruise for both of them). We're kind of stuck on the west coast itineraries right now because of previously purchased plane tickets. Tell me what you know about the Vision...what can we expect as far as general atmosphere, service, food, decor, etc.? I've read some member reviews and I've viewed several shipboard photos...but I just need more, if you know what I mean!

Thanks--I appreciate all you CruiseCritic members do!

Vision is not the biggest, nicest ship. It does not have the amenities of some of the newer ships. But...it is still a very nice ship, clean and well kept.

I just cruised on it last week and found the service excellent - both in the dining room and the cabins.

There are a lot of activities to choose from both day and night - trivia games, theme nights, showroom performances and lots of live music.

The food is very good. Windjammer offers buffet style eating most of the day and evening. Solarium is just about always open with pizza, burgers and fries.

Feel free to ask any more specific questions.

I have cruised the Vision and her twin the Rhapsody several times. They are very nice ships and the crews work hard. I have also sailed on the newer, bigger ships from RCL. They do offer a little more but that does now slow us down from continuing to enjoy the slightly older Vision Class.

I would sail any RCL ship before going back to any Carnival ship.

Archived