Deposit or Pay in Full?

YFancyface

We are booking Tubing through Major Tom's and was just wondering whether to pay in full or put a deposit down?

What would you do or have done? Pro's and Con's? Can you still use credit when you get there to pay for the rest? Refund if it is cancelled?

Unless Major Tom has recently changed his payment terms... we have NEVER PAID a deposit or paid in full until we meet him in Belize. Tell him that this is what you have heard from other cc members and that you prefer to pay when you see his smiling face when you arrive ! :cool:

He runs a great operation and I hope you enjoy his knowledge of Belize as well as the safety he takes as a top priority of his guests when cave tubing. ;)

Unless Major Tom has recently changed his payment terms... we have NEVER PAID a deposit or paid in full until we meet him in Belize. Tell him that this is what you have heard from other cc members and that you prefer to pay when you see his smiling face when you arrive ! :cool:

He runs a great operation and I hope you enjoy his knowledge of Belize as well as the safety he takes as a top priority of his guests when cave tubing. ;)

You have the option anyway you like it to be.

We reserved our spots and then right before we left for the cruise, I paid in full online. When we met Major Tom, they were checking off names and the paper showed which way you paid, how much or if you still needed to pay. Most people paid in cash when they "checked in" with Major Tom, so they wouldn't be carrying around the cash while tubing. Not sure if they can accept credit card at sign in. They are sitting on a bench at the port and don't have access to the credit card machine.

They are a great group to work with. Very informative and safety concerned. We had a blast.

But why would you want to pay in full before you arrive when weather or some other issue could cause the port to be missed or the tour cancelled, then you have to go thru the issue of getting a refund ?

Pay when arriving covers all the bases w/out worry.

Sort of off topic, but what are some suggestions for how far in advance to reserve. Our next cruise isn't for 6 months, but just curious about recomendations. Thanks!

Reserve now... and if no deposit is required (depending who you book with) you are out nothing but have a space secured for your excursion. And then if you elect to cancel before the sailing, a courtesy email/call to the tour operator advising you wish to cancel so someoneelse can take you or your groups space.

• 1 month later...
You have the option anyway you like it to be.

We reserved our spots and then right before we left for the cruise, I paid in full online. When we met Major Tom, they were checking off names and the paper showed which way you paid, how much or if you still needed to pay. Most people paid in cash when they "checked in" with Major Tom, so they wouldn't be carrying around the cash while tubing. Not sure if they can accept credit card at sign in. They are sitting on a bench at the port and don't have access to the credit card machine.

They are a great group to work with. Very informative and safety concerned. We had a blast.

Can any one else comment in regards to the availability of a credit card machine? I may choose to pay full instead while we meet up in Belize, but holding onto cash for the duration of the cruise is not to my liking. If CC machines are not available, can i make a withdrawal on the ship the night before?

Thanks

Can any one else comment in regards to the availability of a credit card machine? I may choose to pay full instead while we meet up in Belize, but holding onto cash for the duration of the cruise is not to my liking. If CC machines are not available, can i make a withdrawal on the ship the night before?

Thanks

ATM machines are on the ship for a fee, but you can also cash a personal check as well w/out a fee. If I am not mistaken, Major Tom charges an additional 3% for c.card fee's if you choose to pay him that way.

Archived