Car rental FLL

Beerman

Is Dollar/Thrifty the only rental agency that has return office near the port. And are they open on Sunday mornings. I suppose I could call but there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. Thanks Terry

Is Dollar/Thrifty the only rental agency that has return office near the port. And are they open on Sunday mornings. I suppose I could call but there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. Thanks Terry

If you're talking about Port Everglades, then they are the only ones right at the port entrance, yes. Budget has an office a couple of blocks away I think, but not sure if they offer a shuttle (Thrifty/Dollar does have a shuttle service). There is also a free shuttle used by most of the car rental companies at FLL (not sure which companies).

I don't know 100 % for certain if they're open on Sunday, but I'm thinking that they would be crazy to be closed on a major turnaround day at the port.

Just talked to Alamo and they have free Shuttle back to Port Everglades. So we'll just do that. Probably all go back to airport and return car then take shuttle back to Port.

We have used that Thrifty location at the entrance to Port Everglades (their address is actually on Miami Drive which is just off US 1) at least 5 times now and have had exceptional service every time. We accidentally left a small bag containing all my wife's jewelry in our rental car when we returned it and did not discover it was missing until we were onboard and unpacking. Fortunately we still had 90 min til departure and I was able to grab a cab and shoot back to their office and they had it waiting for me. Was impressed with the honesty of the staff.

With the new rental car garage at FLL and the need to ride a shuttle down there, combined with a couple of occasions of lackluster service by the Thrifty folks there at the airport, we now make our reservations both for pickup and drop off at the Miami Road location and just grab a taxi over there when we get to FLL. Much easier overall in our opinion.

They do have a shuttle from their office there to the ship but on a couple of occasions (there are 4 of us and usually get a mini van) one of their guys has just hopped in the van and driven us over to the ship so that we didn't have to offload all our luggage only to throw it on their shuttle.

Customer service in this day and age... who would have thought???

Just canceled Alamo and booked with Dollar due to drop off at Port Everglades location. Used code OOAG to get a Dodge Charger or similar for 29.00 +taxes for total 0f 41.00 All is well. Now just have to get a hotel in Romulus (Detroit) for the night b/4 we fly out. That will be the last piece of the puzzle.

try a web site http://www.ParkSleepFly.com You can get the Springhill Suites with 7 or 8 nites parking for $99. We stayed there in Feb of this yr and thought it was a very nice hotel. Will be staying again next month. They have you park at Airlines Parking. If you're an Auto Club member you get a discount at the lot for any of the days over what the package provides.

We were very pleased with our dealings w/ both the hotel, the parking lot and the web site.

• 2 weeks later...

We are flying in to FLL on Thanksgiving Day. We will need a car for five days pre-cruise in Florida before we board Oasis. Do any of the above offer a better deal/service on a five rental?

Rick and Deirdra

Archived