Majesty Question

Myself and DH will be cruising on the Majesty June 22nd- 25th. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if we can keep our luggage the night before we disembark and get off the ship first thing? Or do we still have to wait for our floors. etc. to be called to get off the ship? Also- from what I have read about this boat and its shorter sailings, it seems to be a younger crowd with a more "spring break" atmosphere...if this is the case, do you think it would be ok to do nice jeans and button up for DH one night for dinner? If I am still in a dress? Any thoughts, advice in general for the Majesty would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Dinner on the first night is casual, so he can wear what he wishes.

After that, the Windjammer is open for casual dining every night if you don't want to bother with dressing...

You can keep your suitcases and do the self assist- just walk them down - we were off the ship by 0720.

Having sailed on the Majesty over 10 times, the crowd is different on each cruise, depending on time of year and rates they are offering. We do not bring anything formal at all. DH wears casual clothes, the 1st and last night and when it is formal night in the dining room - sometimes we have eaten in the WJ, had the same formal night dinner in our room, or dressed a little nicer and ate in the dining room. We do not pack sports jackets, or heels or anything like that - our emphasis is on the cruise not the clothes. Enjoy!

p.s. I have gotten off the ship and been sitting at my desk at work before 9:00. You have to let them know you want express! Enjoy your cruise.

The "express check out" is the way to go, as people above have said.

I've definitely seen people in dark-wash jeans in the dining room. I wouldn't suggest it on formal night (people do get dressed up, even on the Majesty) but I really don't see it being a problem on the other three nights. Besides, NO ONE sees your pants for the majority of the time you're at dinner. I'd rather see a guy in jeans, shoes and a button-down shirt than a guy in sneakers, nice pants and a t-shirt! :)

Archived