Grand - In the Med 09 - Ashes?

lateuk

I have just returned today off The Grand and during Wimbledon all the games featuring Andy Murray were shown on MUTS, The Snooker bar and on a channel called ESPN in the state room.

This was because the majority of customers were British approx 2200 and only 300 from USA and Canada and other countries.

There was no coverage of the recent few days of the Ashes Test except on CNN sport round up and BBC sport round up on the state room tv . There is a slim chance of coverage in the Snooker bar but I would not know as just passing the place was very heavy with tobacco smoke as this is one of the only places that cigar smoking is allowed.

The entertainments director on ship is the one to ask about the possibilities, his name is Martin and is easily contacted.

As for cricket on MUTS I can't really see it as this is everyones entertainment while in the pool area and cricket only appeals to a minority.

They break for tea. What the heck:confused:

Yep, and Lunch and drinks in between too.. Well, they are playing for eight hours a day so you need a "Comfort Break" or two unless you've got a very strong bladder ..!!

:D:D:D ME TOO! I lived in Australia for three years and never could understand cricket. They break for tea. What the heck:confused:

I just flashed a mental picture of the competing teams in the Super Bowl sitting down to tea at halftime. Hmm, I think I have the premise for a great commercial for next year's game, in case Lipton felt like buying some ad time. . . .

Archived