Alaskan Excursions

jazzcruise

Just booked a cruise to Alaska July 3 on Celebrity Infinity.

Traveling with my parents (70s) and my 4 sisters (40s-50s). We are looking for excursions in Ketchikan; Juneau and Victoria, BC with mild activity level. Because my dad just finished chemo and I had foot surgery yesterday and will not be able to walk long distances.

Thanks

Just booked a cruise to Alaska July 3 on Celebrity Infinity.

Traveling with my parents (70s) and my 4 sisters (40s-50s). We are looking for excursions in Ketchikan; Juneau and Victoria, BC with mild activity level. Because my dad just finished chemo and I had foot surgery yesterday and will not be able to walk long distances.

Thanks

I will be in Juneau and Ketch on July 11

Going whale watching with Harve and Marv small boat good reviews

Search Harve and Mave Whale Watch

In Kethch I got this http://www.classictours.com/

She talkes a tour in a Classic 55 Chevy That would be also good for the group

We also be in Victoria in July 18 there is lots to do but the Burkhardt Gardens near there are one of the top attaction

How ironic

Im Jazzyman and you Jazz Cuise and we are going to the same places

Have a great time

If you do like jazz check out my site www.jazztube.com

Could not agree more with Harv and Marv...My father who is 67, and two other elderly people were with us and Captain Steve was more than careful with everyone. The seats inside were very comfortable... However this is a small passenger boat...Maximun is 6 passengers. If the waters are rough(which they can be) then it could be a rough ride. Steve warned us about any big waves that were coming and to hold on. Highly Recommend.

I am starting to plan for our trip in 2010 with my 86 yr. old father. In Juneau, I found this tour which is reasonable and gives us an overview tour of Juneau, time at Mendenhall. http://www.juneautours.org/city_glacier.html

Then we plan to stop for something to eat maybe at Twisted Fish close to pier and near the Mt. Robert tram, where the above mentioned bus picks you up and drops you off.

If you are shopping in downtown Juneau, you might try to line up a rickshaw ride back to the ship for you and your father with: Hansom Boys Rickshaw, c/o Paradise Cafe 245 Marine Way, Juneau AK 99801. (907) 586-2253. hansomboysrickshaw @yahoo.com *.

Just some ideas. I'm trying to keep the walking to a minimum for my dad.

Archived