Ultimate Ship Tour

cmd1978

I'm wondering what day the ultimate ship tour usually takes place on the CB 9 day sailings, and the time frame during which the tour takes place? Also - are there any tips for getting most out of this tour? Thank you!

I'm wondering what day the ultimate ship tour usually takes place on the CB 9 day sailings, and the time frame during which the tour takes place? Also - are there any tips for getting most out of this tour? Thank you!

I know the tour is held on a sea day. I hoping to be lucky enough to be selected for this tour when I'm on the CB later this year.

I can't speak for which day it will be on since we did it on the repositionig cruise. It was held on the first sea day which was the third day of our cruise. It is given in the afternoon (we met at 1:45). Dress in comfortable shoes or sneakers you will do alot of walking and climbing. Don't carryon anything with you. Be prepared to have a great time, everyone we met along the way were very friendly and truly proud of "their" ship. We spent over an hour on the bridge as the captain explained all the instruments and champagne and canapes followed.

Good Luck Getting Chosen !!

I was on the May 31st Star Princess cruise. I called the first day as it wasn't in the Patter and they said to go down to the Purser's. I was the first on the list, but he said there would be a lottery (as I had read here) so being first doesn't help. They never put it in the Patter until later in the week as it was going to be held the second sea day near the end of the cruise. As it turned out only 9 of us signed up for it, so we all got to go. I was amazed that more didn't sign up, but seemed like lots of people trying to save money on that cruise. I spoke to many who didn't even book excursions.

I had a great time! Captain Street was very personable and welcoming. Didn't get the gifts until after I had packed though, so that caused some difficulty as I was already overpacked!

I can't speak for which day it will be on since we did it on the repositionig cruise. It was held on the first sea day which was the third day of our cruise. It is given in the afternoon (we met at 1:45). Dress in comfortable shoes or sneakers you will do alot of walking and climbing. Don't carryon anything with you. Be prepared to have a great time, everyone we met along the way were very friendly and truly proud of "their" ship. We spent over an hour on the bridge as the captain explained all the instruments and champagne and canapes followed.

Good Luck Getting Chosen !!

Climbing as in over things? OR as in up and down steps? Just curious!

The tour is not strenuous other than walking up and down some flights of stairs and climbing some metal ladders to see the funnel.

We signed up at the Passengers Service Desk(formerly the Purser) immediately after getting on the ship. Although other posters have said there is a lottery I wonder if your chances of being selected are improved by signing up earlier.

They ask that you not take pictures but I brought my camera along. I asked the Captain on the bridge and he said that I could take pictures, of which I took plenty.

The tour was a lot of fun and in addition to the bridge we all found the laundry to be fascinating.

Archived