Was anyone on one of the Carnival Cruises to Canada that was Canceled?

If so, did you reschedule? Did you have a problem getting the $ 50 OBC promised for rescheduling? It's yet to show up on my paperwork. I was informed that I need to call back 1 week before my cruise to have it applied. I'm wondering if I'm having a hard time with this because I am not taking one of the itineraries that they offered. The cruises that they offered were sailing while my children were still in school so I had to insist on getting a different sailing for the same price that I originally booked at.

Yes, we were on the 9 day Carnival cruise that was cancelled for this summer. My husband was upset with them not contacting us(I figured it out just by their website- the cruise No longer existed) so we didn't rebook with them. We booked the Maasdam instead. Carnival refunded the cost to change our airline tickets- $200.

Rabbitlady

June 25th was canceled. I found out via email. No apology but an offer to book another cruise with $50 OBC. The funny thing is that they told us what sailings they were "offering" us. None of them workerd for me. I then told them which one would be convenient for me. The agreed but told me that the taxes went up since I originally booked and I would have to pay the current taxes. I informed them that I should not be penalized for their cancellation and as a Carnival cruiser of many years I should be treated better than this. After going back & forth they agreed to only charge me the original taxes.

Did they give any reason for the June 25th cancellation? I'm curious because we are on the one right afterwards. Wondering if it was slow bookings or problems with mechanical systems. A reviewer of the June 11th cruise did mention that they seemed to be having trouble with both the air conditioning and sewage systems while she was onboard.

My understanding is that the 10 day cruises to Quebec didn't sell so they changed them back to the short cruises. We were booked on one of the 10 day cruises but they no longer exist. I think they had about 3 of them and they cancelled all of them. I believe they are going to try it again for next year.

I was on the 4 day cruise that was cancelled in order to create the 9 or 10 day cruise. It was canceled back in September so I don't think the ship problems had anything to do with it. Wow... They cancelled the shorter sailings in order to create the longer sailings and had to cancel those as well. I'm glad that I didn't rebook on the longer cruise, I would have been really upset with 2 cancellations.

I was on the 4 day cruise that was cancelled in order to create the 9 or 10 day cruise. It was canceled back in September so I don't think the ship problems had anything to do with it. Wow... They cancelled the shorter sailings in order to create the longer sailings and had to cancel those as well. I'm glad that I didn't rebook on the longer cruise' date=' I would have been really upset with 2 cancellations.[/quote']

Oh boy, no wonder I was confused. I thought this was something new and they had just cancelled the 4 day to Saint John that currently slated to go out ahead of ours. I get it now. Thanks for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

We were supposed to be on a 4 day cruise on June 25. It was cancelled last fall because Carnival decided to do a longer cruise (9 or 11 days, I think). We are now on the July 9 cruise, and the $50 OBC is showing in our paperwork. The thing that made me mad at the time was the original cruise cost less than the one we ended up on, and they wouldn't give us the same price. But it all worked out because the cost of the cruise dropped before we made the final payment so we came out ahead.:)

Ducktoon1,

Yes, they tried that with me too but I refused to pay more so eventually they kept it at the same price. Did you notice that the cancellation letter/email never gave an apology or sorry for the inconvenience but just stated it was cancelled and asked us to rebook? And then they told me which sailings they were offering, none which were convenient to my schedule since I have children in school. I let them know that I originally booked a trip that was convenient for my schedule, they cancelled so I should be able to rebook at a they same rate a trip that is conveninet for me. I still love Carnival but have realized that they are in the money making business so I still have to insist that they be fair. I guess I'll see you on the ship!!!! Enjoy, I know I will!!!!

yes- we were booked on one of those cancelled Quebec cruises for 2009....and rebooked for next June..same itinerary..got the $50 OBC

UPDATE:.... now I have been informed that the one for 2010 is ALSO CANCELLED......:mad:---I am not happy Two Quebec cruises..two years...two cancellations....

(and ps...my PVP did not even know. I emailed him about the email I got.. even though the CCL site already had the ship doing other cruises for that time period....!!!)

Archived