Cruiseline age limits???

bfkkbc

Is Carnival the only line that imposes the 25 year and older person per cabin rule?? Are there any other lines that allow say 21 year olds alone in their room? Thanks!!:D

You are not reading correctly regarding age requirments.....As long as the passenger is 21 years old at time of sailing, they can stay in their own steroom... it's those UNDER 21 years of age that require that 25 year old accompany them in their stateroom.

You are not reading correctly regarding age requirments.....As long as the passenger is 21 years old at time of sailing, they can stay in their own steroom... it's those UNDER 21 years of age that require that 25 year old accompany them in their stateroom.

OOOHHH! Oh the age limit is 21 years. got it thanks!!:o Sorry never has been an issue for me and DH, but was just going on recolection from previous posts here!! Thanks!! DD and her BF were intrested and going and I thought you had to be 25 to have your own room. But they will both be 21 at time of travel. Thanks again. I knew you all would have the answer!!

That isn't even entirely true. i'm booked on Dream in November and I have my two kids ages 13 and 8 in the cabin next door to mine, no adult listed. I didn't even think of setting it up that way, but the rep from Carnival said it was fine as long as the parents are next door. They aren't sleeping alone anyway. We have 3 cabins and we always play musical beds anyway, so however they listed the names in which cabin didn't really matter anyway, but it was interesting that they set it up that way.

That isn't even entirely true. i'm booked on Dream in November and I have my two kids ages 13 and 8 in the cabin next door to mine, no adult listed. I didn't even think of setting it up that way, but the rep from Carnival said it was fine as long as the parents are next door. They aren't sleeping alone anyway. We have 3 cabins and we always play musical beds anyway, so however they listed the names in which cabin didn't really matter anyway, but it was interesting that they set it up that way.

I did not add those possible methods because the OP stated CLEARLY they were speaking of 21 year olds ! :rolleyes:;):eek:

PS... YOUR minor children can be either next door OR across the hall.....BUT if there is a minor child that IS NOT a family member travelling with you, then the 25 year old rule comes into play and this is where it's all about the way the booking is arranged followed by musical staterooms after boarding.

Is Carnival the only line that imposes the 25 year and older person per cabin rule?? Are there any other lines that allow say 21 year olds alone in their room? Thanks!!:D

It's always good to go to their website for correct information....and to read it carefully. You seem to be missing what they are saying. Here it is....read carefully. If you are 21, you can book a cabin:

How old do you have to be to travel alone?spacer.gifGuests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

Archived