Tour that does not involve Beach Time

cruisingbajan

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there are any tours/tour guides out there that would be able to give us a tour that does not involve the usual beach stops.

I guess you may be able to tell from my location why I am not that interested in such an excursion.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I don't believe there are any Mayan ruins on Grand Cayman.

We took a tour that visited the rum factory, turtle farm and hell. No beach time on that one. We did this once through Carnival at around $40 per person. The next time we visited, we just waited until we got off the ship and picked up this tour from a local operator. The cost was around $20-$25 per person as I remember. The tour through Carnival was a little better organized, but we went to the same places.

You could rent a car and drive around and see the sights on the East side of the island-pirate coves, blow holes, etc.

Have you looked at Carnival's shore excursions? They have a couple that are not beach oriented. Pedro St James & the Botanical Park, a kayak tour and turtle farm/butterfly conservatory are listed.

I don't believe there are any Mayan ruins on Grand Cayman.

We took a tour that visited the rum factory, turtle farm and hell. No beach time on that one. We did this once through Carnival at around $40 per person. The next time we visited, we just waited until we got off the ship and picked up this tour from a local operator. The cost was around $20-$25 per person as I remember. The tour through Carnival was a little better organized, but we went to the same places.

You could rent a car and drive around and see the sights on the East side of the island-pirate coves, blow holes, etc.

Have you looked at Carnival's shore excursions? They have a couple that are not beach oriented. Pedro St James & the Botanical Park, a kayak tour and turtle farm/butterfly conservatory are listed.

cruisebie...I did not actually look at Carnival excursions but I will do so now. Thanks for the heads up.

We may also consider picking up a tour when wen we get off the ship.

Thanks again

Archived