MSC Musica cruise 20 sep 2009

apatasaurus

Just booked today!!!!!!! Looking forward to cruisin and the Italian experience with MSC. Have read some negative reviews, but going into this with only positive thoughts. Great itineary....love the ports and the fact overnight in Myknos (spelling?), and the ship looks nice. Have cruised with Holland, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and look forward to the experience of Italian company. We are in Italy to start - why not go with the Italians! Got amazing deal, balcony Cat. 11. (highest being 12). Wow couldn't believe pricing. Perhaps we should do a roll call to see who else is coming along. We are from Western Canada, love Italy and look forward to the Greek Islands!

Thanks for your replies. Cathy Cruiser, We found the prices so good we actually booked a second cruise leaving out of Genoa on the Lirica the day after we get back to Venice! I could not resist the special deal especially as it goes to Morocco and Spain - great!

We are from Sydney, Australia and we are pretty laid back - should I take a suit for my hubby or do you think just trousers and a nice shirt will do for him. Also, what are you planning on wearing for dinner ie. formal nights and the other nights? I am planning on packing light as we are doing a fair bit of other travelling and was wondering if I could get away with a dressy pair of black trousers and just wear different dress tops - what do you think?

Apatasauras, let me know if you need to know anything about the Lirica as I've spent 28 days on her.

You'll find a bit of a mixture on formal nights with some (not huge amount) in tixs and full length evening gowns. Others will be in lounge suits and cocktail dresses whilst other will be wearing shirt and tie 7 smart trousers with or without a jacket and women in skirts or trousers and fancy top.....and then there will be a few who don't bother at all and will rock up dressed as though it is casual night.

Honestly wear whatever you feel most comfortable in and don't feel pressurised to bring things to wear that you would prefer not to. it is your holiday after all and those airline baggage allowances are not that generous.

Archived