Cave-tubing in Belize - will we make it back in time?

Beerse

Just booked cave-tubing/ATV combo in Belize for our September cruise on Carnival Valor with the cave-tubing.com folks. I'm a little concerned that we won't make it back in time given all of the comments I've seen on this forum. Should I be concerned? What happens if we don't make it back in time for the last tender? Any advice from anyone to make sure that doesn't happen?

Just booked cave-tubing/ATV combo in Belize for our September cruise on Carnival Valor with the cave-tubing.com folks. I'm a little concerned that we won't make it back in time given all of the comments I've seen on this forum. Should I be concerned? What happens if we don't make it back in time for the last tender? Any advice from anyone to make sure that doesn't happen?

We have been going to Belize for several years and in all that time, I have not read of one Yhony's group or any other independent group missing the ship.

However, having said that...when hubby and oldest son went cave tubing with Yhony...I did make sure they had a copy of their passport, a credit card and some cash in one of those water proof thingys that go around your next....just in case.

Just because it hasn't happened ... does not mean it can't. However, IF your next port is Costa Maya...that is only a 6 hour drive .... and you could catch the ship there the next day.

Personally, I would not hesistate to cave tube with Yhony again. They had a great time and were back at port by 2:30pm.

They had members of their group that did both activities and basically if you ATV....you simply do one cave instead of two. So everyone ends up at the same place in the end.

I guess it depends on which tour company you use.

We used MajorTom. We were back about 45min before the ship sailed. We thought they did a great job. Major Tom was very informative and we had about a 6:1 guest to guide ratio. We saw other groups with about 20:1.

You will love cave tubing, it was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Enjoy!

We went with Major Tom and made it back to the tender with about 10 minutes to spare. We were blocked by a demonstration celebrating Women's Day or something and the main road (the only main road) was completely blocked. Major Tom was on the phone with our driver wondering where the heck we were. Consequently, we had NO shopping time in Belize. Only time for a small track meet from the bus to the tender line.

It wasn't his fault, but like you said it can happen (and almost did to us!)

• 3 weeks later...

We did the zip tubing combo with Major Tom off the Legend on June 11th I have to say that the tubing was OK the Zip was out of this world good...But we got back to the port and had to RUN to catch the last tender we were on the tender less than two mins. before it left.Needless to say Major Tom still has not had anyone miss the tender but it was a little to close for my comfort.I really did not think we were going to make it when we were about 15 miles out of town hauling buns when the driver said she was running short on fuel.

Archived