Melissa's Crazy Adventure on a Backward Cruise!

For those of you who've stumbled upon this blog never having sailed with Celebrity, and want to know more about the cruise line or the ship, I encourage you to check out our Celebrity Cruises corporate profile as well as the Celebrity Equinox "Countdown to Launch" page. I've updated both as part of my trip assignment (remember, when I travel, it's for business as well as fun!).

And, in case you missed it earlier in this thread, we've also put together a slideshow of pictures from the ship at the yard, and the conveyance.

I have checked out the sticky on the cabins and I think I have figured out the layout of the cabin we are in. That assumes that the numbering has remained EXACTLY the same as on the Solstice. Let's hope it is

BEWARE of the numbering of cabins on Deck 8. They seem to be numbered incorrectly, as has been posted on other threads.

For those of you who've stumbled upon this blog never having sailed with Celebrity, and want to know more about the cruise line or the ship, I encourage you to check out our Celebrity Cruises corporate profile as well as the Celebrity Equinox "Countdown to Launch" page. I've updated both as part of my trip assignment (remember, when I travel, it's for business as well as fun!).

And, in case you missed it earlier in this thread, we've also put together a slideshow of pictures from the ship at the yard, and the conveyance.

Hi Melissa,

Will there be a new thread for the launch? Or will it continue here? Thanks again. June

Our full story on Equinox godmother! http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3293

Just a note that it's been a wild ride - but I'll be wrappng up this blog tomorrow (Friday). Stay tuned to Cruise Critic and this forum for more details as we enter the final weeks before launch! Thank you to everyone for their interest and great questions. :)

It's an interesting room because rare for a cruise ship it's a room with no revenue-enhancement purpose. It's just beautiful. YOu aren't required to buy inches of gold or a cocktail. You can't even sit down in the "ant" room. But it's beautiful and memorable and rare in this era when other cruise lines are more focused on profit than the occasional spurt of senseless beauty.

Carolyn

It's the Whisper Room and the music that plays ever so quietly is as much a part of the room as the design. It was my favorite place on the ship. Even though you couldn't sit, just standing and listening during the day (when there wasn't a lot of activity in that area) was the most relaxing onboard experience.

Barbara

Thanks Bonnie for that great link. Gives us something to do while we wait for our turn on board.

I also had this email from Andreas Depplings...http://web8.506.bces.de/xoops16_cruise/index.php

today my participation for the trip from Emshaven to Southampton from July 17th to July 19th. was confirmed. I don't kow exactly how it happened but I am very very lucky. I think one or two days later a huge number of interior photos will be presented in the gallery.

Best regards from sunny Germany Andreas

So we will have more photos soon...June

• 3 weeks later...

I am onboard Equinox on Monday 27th July in Southampton, i expect we will sail away but don't know if we will dock anywhere,on till 29th - 2 nights, looking forward to it,will report back with photos and a review.

I am onboard Equinox on Monday 27th July in Southampton, i expect we will sail away but don't know if we will dock anywhere,on till 29th - 2 nights, looking forward to it,will report back with photos and a review.

Libra: Have a wonderful time on the Equinox and your 2-night journey!

Archived