reserving of seats

Get over it. If you want the big room and extra benefits then pay for that. We just came back after two weeks on a deck 8 inside cabin (no window, no balcony) - it was a pretty cheap holiday versus the other prices we could have paid on the same ship.

The ship is owned by a business. It's not some social community benefit resource, so this idea of all public areas being for everyone equally isn't really a winning argument because RCI has the decision where public areas are available to all or not. RCI has to make as much profit as possible. If you want more, pay for it with RCI or look at their competition and holiday with them if it is a better deal; simples!

When I looked at their website, it did have a list of what " Suite Only Guest " get. So they are telling people before they book.

Yes it is listed. And, it is one reason why I booked a GS over a JS. Just for the perks. It is our 25th anniversary and I wanted the experience to be "special". I could save $2600 on my cruise to go down to a JS and not get the perks. So they are making a bit of profit off me. But if I were not in a suite, I would feel no ill towards the people sitting in the "reserved" areas. I figure they paid for it. Besides, just because I paid for a cruise doesn't guarantee me anything other than a room and food. I'm not guaranteed seating near the pool or at shows.

But I have paid for the cruise which should mean I get a seat too where ever it is.

But even if the ship didn't have a reserved section for suite guests, there is nothing to say you'd have a seat anyway! If the ship carried 4,000 guests-we all know there aren't 4,000 lounge chairs out there!

Yes it is listed. And, it is one reason why I booked a GS over a JS. Just for the perks. It is our 25th anniversary and I wanted the experience to be "special". I could save $2600 on my cruise to go down to a JS and not get the perks. So they are making a bit of profit off me. But if I were not in a suite, I would feel no ill towards the people sitting in the "reserved" areas. I figure they paid for it. Besides, just because I paid for a cruise doesn't guarantee me anything other than a room and food. I'm not guaranteed seating near the pool or at shows.

But did the "golden ropes section" of loungers and the suite only section of the theater have any part in your decision to choose a GS over a JS?

But even if the ship didn't have a reserved section for suite guests, there is nothing to say you'd have a seat anyway! If the ship carried 4,000 guests-we all know there aren't 4,000 lounge chairs out there!

But that's part of the problem. The ships have a limited number of lounges. Many suite guests choose not to sit in their "assigned" area, therefore taking 2 seats making it even more of a problem.

Archived