jaguar paw cave

aidee49

I have been going back and forth between websites jaguar paw and major tom, and I know most of you are fans of major tom, but has anyone used jaguar paw. We have children and older people in our group and we want to skip as much as we can the hike. we also like the idea of lunch included.

how long is the hike with jaguar paw?:confused:

I did Jaguar Paw last year, through the ship. It was the zip line & cave tubing combo excursion, and there was a lunch. I'm no good at judging distances, but there were long walks to both the zip line and the cave tubing. I thought the cave tubing walk was a lot easier, even with carrying a big tube!

It was a fun excursion - not something I need to again but I'm glad I did it. The zip lining I'd definitely do again - to me that was much more fun/impressive.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

• 3 weeks later...

We're back and we used Jaguar Paw, I think the walk to the Radisson Hotel is longer than the 3 minutes advertise, but the walk to the cave was about 20 minutes and the tour was great. We were able to interact with the monkey at the resort and the kids had a blast. The guide was not very talkative, but he did a great job. Our group was small it was only our family and another couple in total we were 10. The cave tubing is very relaxing and impressive. Water was crystal clear.

The lunch (chicken rice and beans) was delicious and that was included with the price.

It was a great place in the jungle and we definitely recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...

i have to say j.p. was a great place. we had a large group of people from ages 18-86. the walk to the radisson was not bad at all. the ride to the resort was nothing special but kinda interesting. once at j.p. we did the ziplining first. it was so very very cool. (the 86 year old didn't do the zipline). the walk from the parking lot to the zipline took maybe 2 minutes. once done, we grabbed a beer and our tubes and walked to the put in at the cave. it took us a long time due to the older folks with us but if an 86 year old can do it, you can too. it's probably about a mile and change. we only did one cave and then the walk back to j.p. was very easy. the lunch was incredible. all in all, this was our favorite day on the valor last may. really really worth it. we only had about 30 min for shopping when we got back to the ship but most of that was because our walk through the jungle took us so long due to the older folks in our group. regardless, i highly recommend jaguar paw. in addition to the zipline and cave tubing, the resort is very cool and super pretty.

if i recall there were 6 platforms. some of them go right through the top of the jungle. i'm not big on heights but it's not scary. you are tied in the whole time. the most scary part was the decent from the last platform. they don't tell you that they let you freefall for a second but then you quickly slow down at the bottom of the repel line. as for the caves, we only did one long one. honestly, the tubing was a lot of fun but i don't think more than one cave is necessary b/c once you've been in for about 15-20 minutes, you pretty much get the full experience. if you do only the tubing i think you get more caves but if you do the zip/tube combo it's only 1. as for guides, if you can request one, we had alfredo and he was really really great. anyway, have fun, enjoy and try to take a video while zipping. it's cool when you get a chance to watch it later.

if i recall there were 6 platforms. some of them go right through the top of the jungle. i'm not big on heights but it's not scary. you are tied in the whole time. the most scary part was the decent from the last platform. they don't tell you that they let you freefall for a second but then you quickly slow down at the bottom of the repel line. as for the caves, we only did one long one. honestly, the tubing was a lot of fun but i don't think more than one cave is necessary b/c once you've been in for about 15-20 minutes, you pretty much get the full experience. if you do only the tubing i think you get more caves but if you do the zip/tube combo it's only 1. as for guides, if you can request one, we had alfredo and he was really really great. anyway, have fun, enjoy and try to take a video while zipping. it's cool when you get a chance to watch it later.

souds like fun :D thanks!

Archived