Pack N' Play, Celebrity cruise line

JACJAM

Has anyone used a Pack n' Play that Celebrity would provide? And do you have pictures? I'm trying to limit my packing and we will be on a 7nt cruise and 3 night land tour in different hotels. If we can use there pack n' plays this would help but I don't know what it looks like or the condition. Thanks for all your replies.

We used one but it was several years ago. DD spent her first birthday aboard Celebrity in December 2005.

We WAY overpacked. They gave us a pack-n-play - even set it up for us. They also provided a bin of age appropriate toys that we signed out the first day and returned at the end of the cruise. The cabin attendant even washed out and sterilized her sippy cups for us each day. They also arranged toddler play groups a couple of times during the week.

No pictures but as I recall it seemed in new condition. We sailed from San Juan and the hotel also provided a portible crib.

We had a Kelty backpack stroller that made going ashore very convenient. After buying that a friend loned us a sit 'n' stroll for the plane. That was very helpful for bus/van tours. As I said we really overpacked - we did not need both...

I'll be happy to answer any other questions about cruising with a baby. It was a wonderful experience. So many members of the crew leave their families for months at a time. Everyone just doted on her and we saw lots and lots of pictures of their children back home. It made for a very different cruise experience and gave us the chance to get to know some members of the crew on a personal level.

sbhdmh, OMG!! Thanks for the info. We ordered a car seat stroller thing. It should come in hand and I'm still going back and fourth on the back pack carrier. I can't get over they loaned you toys and set up play dates. Wow, and washed the sippys cups!!! Wow, Thanks for sharing. My next step is to contact the hotels we will be staying at to see if they offer pack n' plays. We will be on a land tour for 3 nights after the cruise.

Did you use the laundry service to clean of your DD cloths? Do they charge 1/2 price?

No, we didn't use the laundry service. Some cruise lines provide self service laundry. I assume Celebrity does but I'm not sure. I would be more comfortable with this for baby clothes since I can choose my own detergent, etc. We are going on a 12 day Baltic cruise later this summer and I gather from the boards that MSC doesn't offer this option. I guess we'll make up for no longer needing baby equipment with having to bring extra clothes :)

The Kelty backpack carrier was convenient in ports with a lot of walking. We also used it a lot in New York afterwards since it made using the subway so much easier. If your 3 day tour will be by bus or van you might be okay with just the sit 'n' stroll unless you plan on hiking, doing a lot of stairs, etc.

Hope this helped.

Thank you so much for you input. I'm leaning toward not purchasing the back pack carrier. We have so much to pack now but I think My husband isn't going to be happy with that decision. Celebrity doesn't offer self-service laundry, most cruise lines don't. They really should. Have a great Baltic cruise. Can't wait to get back to Europe. I'll keep checking this board if you have any other tips or if I have other questions. Thanks again for all your help.

Archived