Can I make a 10:59 flight out of Orlando?

Visa711

We are considering going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral, and I have a transportation question. Our cruise is scheduled to arrive back at Port Canaveral at 7 a.m. on a Saturday. Is it possible to make a flight at 10:59 a.m. at Orlando?

I think it would be a chancy flight to try for.

debarkation may start at 7:00 am if all is on schedule. You will likely not get off until closer to 7:15 or 7:30.

Port Canaveral is about 45 min from MCO airport - how are you planning to travel between the two sites? Rental car - need time for pick-up and drop off. Cruiseline transfer - need to wait for bus to fill. Private limo/car service - may be pricy but might be your quickest option.

If you try for this flight, I would do self disembark (need to be physically able to carry all luggage off by hand) and be prepared to be in a rush from the time you get up until you get to airline gate.

Have you factored in enough time for the airport lines? I have seen huge lines for luggage drop-off, check-in and security at MCO. We were there last weekend and the lines on Friday morning were taking almost 2 hours from check-in to getting to the gate.

How much cheaper is the early flight compared to later options? It may be money well spent to take a later flight...

Thanks so much for the detailed response. The price difference is $50 per person, so a total of $100 for my husband and I.

We definitely plan to self disembark and be in a rush all day, but the reward would be, we'd be home by 2:30 and not have to spend our 11th anniversary in an airport (yes, it's good to travel on the week of your anniversary, but bad when the timing is that your vacation is ENDING on your anniversary!).

The lines are a good point. I have not experienced lines like you mention but I have also never flown out of Orlando.

We may consider trying for the Sunday flight at the same time, but it would mean staying an extra day and getting a hotel so we can enjoy our anniversary....

You know, nothings worse then having to rush around after a vacation. Even if you do self disembarkation, let's say it's 1 hr to MCO. Of course if you have to take a cab/limo to MCO, then you'll probably blow any savings. If you're checking bags they need to be checked in 60 min prior to departure and getting your boarding passes. Security can be hit or miss. Even getting cleared through customs can be hit or miss.

Just ask yourself what/if it'll cost you to board a later flight if you miss that one.

Archived