Any recommendations for transportation from port to Cascadia hotel?

Hi all, we're ending our upcoming Alaska cruise by spending 3 nights (probably not enough!) in Vancouver. Staying at the Cascadia. There are 6 of us in our party. Do you all have any recommendations as to how to get from the port to the hotel? Just grab a cab or would it be cheaper to arrange a private limo service? We'll have luggage so I guess it would be too much work to take the city bus.

Thank you,

It's about 10 - 11 blocks from the port assuming that you are arriving at Canada Place - while you could take the city bus the downtown routes are generally packed so you wouldn't be welcomed on the bus by the other passengers and even then you would have to walk a couple of blocks at either end with your luggage so either a couple of cabs or a limo to get to the hotel.

If you are docking at Ballantyne pier your only option is taxi/limo as that pier is located inside the secure industrial part of the port.

Hope you enjoy your three nights in Vancouver and no it won't be enough to see everything but will give you a good idea of our great city.

Cheers

Dennis

You will need two cabs but that will only run about $10/cab from Canada Place and a few dollars more from Ballantyne pier and that will be cheaper than a limo. You could do it by catching a bus in front of Waterfront Station which is about 100 paces east of Canada Place; you would catch a #50, 7, 4, 16, or 10 bus which would put you within a block or so of your hotel...the cost would be $2.50 CDN each. If you are coming into Ballantyne pier your only option is cab.

Thanks to both, we'll do a cab-- it sounds reasonable and not too far from the pier. This is terrible but I don't know which pier we're coming in and my cruise docs aren't with me right now...we're on Regent ..anyway..we'll do a cab! Take care,

Archived