spa in Maui?

rplindsay

I beg to differ on the Wailea Spa ... the various soaking tubs were filthy last time I was there and I once received an awful massage that was so bad and amateurish that I just had to voice my complaint to the manager. At least they didn't charge me. I love the Four Seasons Spa but I also wonder if there are some nice "local" day spas in the area.

Seabreezer, thanks for your candid feedback about the Grand Wailea Spa. we haven't been there for about 5 yrs - it was wonderful then, but it sounds like it's gone downhill since. :( and there's nothing worse than dirty facilities and/or a massage that rubs you the wrong way. well, next time we go to Maui it's the 4 seasons spa for us..thanks for keeping us informed. :)

I have to say, the Spa at Wailea is beautiful and huge but the service sure is lacking ... that holds true for that entire resort. Now on the other hand, The Four Seasons spa is much smaller and the facility isn't as impressive but they more than make up for it with the exceptional service. Everything else at The Four Seasons is also enhanced by the great service even though it's not the most visually impressive on the island.

we live on the Big Island in the Mauna Kea Resort... the spa at the Four Seasons Hualalai can only be used by hotel guests or homeowners, so I haven't been to it. but I've certainly heard all the rave reviews about it. we love to go to the Four Seasons Hualalai and eat at the Pahuia Restaurant on special occaisions. the grounds at the resort are lovely, they lack a good swimming beach - however their swimming pools are drop dead gorgeous. my favorite hawaiian hotel is the Halekulani...I feel blissed out whenever I go there..it's great for a few days of city & shopping.

Archived