My proposal

HeyRoss

With Mach's help, I'm sure this will happen.:)

You might want to let your room steward in on the deal... Capers usually show up on evening Turn-down-service and you might want to deliver yours in person. Another idea would be the big screen on the lido.

Hi there,

My hubby & I were the ones that decorated the room on the Valor Sailing mentioned by Teri. We had the Room Steward make kissing swan towel animals for the bed and the candles & paper lanterns on the balcony were a big hit, you can find them at the dollar store. I used small colored cups for candle holders and from a distance they looked real. I also sent my DH for roses at the formalities shop and you can also get chocolate covered strawberries. The room steward also provided the ice bucket and champagne glasses and some of the ladies from the roll call brought other items.

I was told by the groom to be that the CD did offer to help and was even willing to do something on the big screen on the Lido Deck so you should have no problems pulling this off.

Good Luck and most of all enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for your help and input everyone! It looks like this is going to happen and I'll have the message printed.

Now a follow up question...

Should I do a very short "will you marry me?" message or one that is a bit more personal with a few sentences that lead up to it?

Thanks again and I'll keep you update... and maybe see some of you on the ship. Cheers, Ross

Thanks for your help and input everyone! It looks like this is going to happen and I'll have the message printed.

Now a follow up question...

Should I do a very short "will you marry me?" message or one that is a bit more personal with a few sentences that lead up to it?

Thanks again and I'll keep you update... and maybe see some of you on the ship. Cheers, Ross

My vote is to lead into it with why she is so important to you then pop the question! Congratulations! Be sure to let us know how it's pulled off.

Hey Ross

I proposed to my wife on the Jubilee 19 years ago everything went well. Just 1 piece of advice if your flying DONT bring the box the ring comes in. When we arrived at airport she went through the metal detectors no problem, I went through and the dectors went off, I took everything out of pockets except ring in the BOX but still went off, finally not knowing what else to do I whispered to the man that I had a engagement ring in my pocket and he let me through. Remind you that was before 9/11. Well the whole flight I sat and wondered why it went off since my wife (girlfriend) went through with her other rings on with no problem, thats when it dawned on me that the metal HINGE on the box set it off. So now knowing this I took the ring out of the box when I went through the ships detectors with no problem. Best Of Luck!

Tom

Archived