Deadliest Catch

cerros

The boat is called "The Aleutian Ballad" and the excursion is called the Bering Sea Crab Excursion in Ketchikan. We did it two years ago and LOVED every minute! DH and I are BIG Deadliest Catch fans; unfortunately, you WON'T hear Bon Jovi sing the theme song:p.

Terry and Kiwi were on the show when the "Ballad" was actually a working crab boat. There's lots of places to sit and there are heaters overhead if you get chilled; also rain ponchos to use if rainy. You get to touch/hold dog sharks, crabs, prawns....I touched the octopus that they pulled up; sad to say they don't let you touch those anymore as they were getting sick and dying from the hand sanitizer on peoples' hands. You are free to go up by Capt.Dave or walk around on the main deck and get up close views. Your nephew will probably love it! They also feed the eagles chunks of fish. Would do it again if I had the chance!!:D Our trip was 3 hours.

I took a picture of the ship as they were heading out on a tour. The ship is actually a lot smaller then I thought. The TV show gives them the appearance of being a lot bigger then they actually are.

We did not take the tour as we had very limited time in port and wanted to walk around the town. Next time we go to Alaska we will look to do so tours VS the town.

IMG_0628.jpg.d315290bbc410cec3a993a976864eb6a.jpg

With the Toursaver book do you make reservations ahead of time? I'm thinking you would almost have to since the ships are making their reservations ahead of time.

It would be a shame to purchase the book and not be able to use the coupons. Having checked out a few of the tours we would likely take, it sure would be a nice savings and allow us to take more tours. :)

I made the rervations first and made sure I could use the toursaver coupon and reserved it that way, then I bought the toursaver book on ebay!

Archived