Dinning Questions - Sapphire Princess (Alaska)

simba005

*What is typically on the dinner buffet (6pm to 11pm), is there any seafood?

*What is on the late night buffet (11pm to 4am)?

*I am a little confused by the anytime dinning (I thought I had it figured out):

-I think the menu is the same in the anytime dinning room(s) as in the main dinning room. Is that true?

-Is there any difference in each of the anytime dinning rooms?

(I found one website that made it look like they each had their own menu maybe in addition to being able to order off the main dinning room menu).

Thanks

We did the Sapphire to Mexico in January and all restaurants had the same menu but all also had a speciality. the Mexican was frajittas, Italian osso bucco but I forget what the oriental had.

All food was delicious.

*What is typically on the dinner buffet (6pm to 11pm), is there any seafood?

You'll find most of the dinner menu in a buffet style. Seafood-yes.

*What is on the late night buffet (11pm to 4am)?

Really light snacks

*I am a little confused by the anytime dinning (I thought I had it figured out):

-I think the menu is the same in the anytime dinning room(s) as in the main dinning room. Is that true?

Yes.

-Is there any difference in each of the anytime dinning rooms?

No.

(I found one website that made it look like they each had their own menu maybe in addition to being able to order off the main dinning room menu).

This is correct.

We really enjoyed our anytime dining experience on the Sapphire, as they have 4 anytime dining rooms, and each one, in addition to the full menu available in the traditional fixed seating formal dining room, has it's own special entree as well. My kids (19 at the time) loved the fajitas, as did we. The Asian restaurant has a seafood stirfry as it's specialty.

To the OP, I think you had the anytime dining pretty well figured out, it's just that the Sapphire and Diamond do have the 4 anytime dining rooms, and each on has an additional specialy.

We loved the Sapphire - have a great cruise!:)

Hope this is clear for you now. It is only the Diamond and Sapphire who have special entrees in addition to the menu of the evening. Decor is a little different also in their 4 anytime restaurants. On other ships, there are 2 anytime MDRs that look exactly the same and serve the same menu.

Thanks so much for the info, I find it is always helpful in preparing to fill my belly:-)...

A couple follow-ups:

*Can you please elaborate on the buffet, specificly what sort of seafood will we see on the dinner buffet and what items are part of the late night 'snacks'?

*I know that it is self paced, but on average how much time would you allow for the specialty dinning and the anytime dinning.

*Any must try's (venue or items)

Thanks again

We just returned from the Sapphire (northern route). The buffet is limited and contains a lot of fish. As someone that does not eat a lot of fish, i was disappointed. We have sailed 8 prior times on Carnival and they had a deli that was open late along with a pizzaria that was open all evening. On the Sapphire, the pizzaria closed at 6p. Most of the dinning room menu was fish related. I only wish that my TA had let me know - she claim to be a Princess expert. The dining room does offer the same alternatives each night (ie, NY steak, caesar salad, chichen breast and a pasta alternative that i can't remember. As each person has their own preferences, this was our first experience with Princess and will probably not return. I did enjoy the food on Carnival much better.

Archived