Mariner of the seas...9/6

MOUNTAIN BEAR

Hi Mountain Bear,

My partner and I just booked this cruise. We live in San Diego so will be driving up. We were originally booked on the Radiance for an October cruise but then I saw that the Mariner was doing this one and we decided to change.

We've never been on this class of RCI ships before so we're looking forward to it. Plus the ports are more interesting AND combined with the labor day holiday and the pricing, it's a great getaway.

Hopefully there are others who will be joining us!!!

Hi, sdguys....we are 3 seniors from the palm springs area, and will be driving over also......i didn't even realize it was labor day weekend......the start of the season here.....

But just couldn't pass up the low price on a balcony.......we cruise a lot...but have never been on this size of ship....looking forward to it.....and to meet you all.......hope we get some more family......

Hi MB, I'm sure we'll get quite a bit more family members on the cruise. Like you, my partner and I have cruised quite a bit and we have found that most of the other gay folks we meet aboard the ship are not even aware that these boards exist.

On the other RCI cruises that we've been on, they don't publish FOD gatherings BUT what I like about that is that we can post our own notice on the bulletin board and decide WHERE and WHEN we want the gathering to be. And, for some reason, on our past RCI cruises we always wind up in the Champagne Bar. This will be our first cruise about the Voyager class so it will be interesting and fun to explore the ship.

Cheers!

John

Hi john.......do you guys ever come to the ps area?........we are about half way between sd and ps, on the "palms to pines hwy" hwy 74 ...through temecula and over the mountains (the short cut)........

Setting up our own thing, sounds good to me......

As i said, we are 3 "silver daddies", do you know that web site?

We all have different intrests

we all have "been there done that"

we have all been in long term relationships (25+ yrs)

we all like to meet new people

and in these times, it makes good sense and easier to do thing together......and help each other....

But this is the first time i have agreed to 3 in a room, we have what they call a delux balcony, with three beds....

Is this t.m.i?

MB - see my replies below :)

Hi john.......do you guys ever come to the ps area?........we are about half way between sd and ps, on the "palms to pines hwy" hwy 74 ...through temecula and over the mountains (the short cut)........

We were just in Palm Springs for the weekend not long ago and drove through Temecula on our way up. On the way up we passed by Perris and were near Riverside before turning over to PS but on the way back we went through Hemet. Are you anywhere near any of those places?

Setting up our own thing, sounds good to me......

As i said, we are 3 "silver daddies", do you know that web site?

We all have different intrests

we all have "been there done that"

we have all been in long term relationships (25+ yrs)

we all like to meet new people

and in these times, it makes good sense and easier to do thing together......and help each other....

But this is the first time i have agreed to 3 in a room, we have what they call a delux balcony, with three beds....

I am not familair with the website. My partner and I have been together for 18 years so we're not far behind you. One of the fun things about cruising is meeting new people. If you guys all get along then I'm sure you'll be fine - having a balcony makes all the difference in my opinion. We won't go on a cruise unless we can book at least a balcony and the price was just to good to pass up on this voyage.

I'm not really concerned about the swine flu but if there is a vaccine available before the trip, I may think about getting it just in case. But then again, I've had vaccines in the past and gotten sick immediately thereafter so who knows!

Is this t.m.i?

No, not t.m.i. at all - hehe! I'm a friendly and chatty guy so I enjoy it.

Are you guys planning any ship excursions? We haven't really looked at them but would like to do something different this time. We've been to all the ports - except Mazatlan before - and hope to do something besides just walk around and shop. However, that being said, I will make a point of doing at least a little shopping in the old town part of PV which I love!

There is a restaurant right on the Rio Cuale that has the best margaritas - we always have lunch there when we are in PV! I don't remember the name but I know how to get there, and that's all that matters :)

Well, here it is almost 4th of July - I wish we were cruising this weekend but I'll have to wait! Hope you guys have a great holiday!

Cheers!

John

Archived