Concierge service

What is exactly included in concierge service.

I've heard rumors that there is an open bar, you can get your dry cleaning done for free and so on. Seems just too good to pass up.

Well with my category B-I got the concierge but no free dry cleaning. Maybe that was a benefit I didn't know about.

Concierge can make reservations, handle "some" issues and most important provide free drinks and canapes from 5pm-9pm. Coffees and continental breakfast is provided in the morning. Most likely he will tell you to call "guest relations" for some things. To me he was like host/hostess for diamond and suite passengers.

My opinion is that most people like the concierge lounge because of the people they meet there and it's a relaxing but crowded situation. In the future we will book rooms that give us this perk just for the interaction with other guest.

I recommend for people who want to interact but have a hard time approaching people.

I have only had the service on the Serenade. The lounge is small but very nice with great view. You have a card to gain entrance. You can enter 24/7

The concierge is there in the morning with continental breakfast, rolls fruits etc. Also avail is a coffee machine like they have in the coffee bars.

The open bar is in the evening for around 3 hrs. Just about everything is available except blended drinks. Wine , champagne, assorted hard liquors. Also unlimeted bottled water in the morning and during the happy hr. My wife would stalk up for the next day.

On the Radiance class ships the room is on the same floor as the suites, which is nice.

On the voyager class its down a couple floors and in the center of the ship so there are no windows looking out over the ocean. But the room is larger, (it needs to be as there are more people)

I will do my best to cruise only on ships that offer the service in the future, if I cruise with RCL. Otherwise I will cruise Celebrity next and they don't offer the service but don't need to.

If you like to socialize and be treated a little like you are special, get the service, its GREAT...icon_smile.gif

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

My favorite perk is the complimentary laundry-drycleaning service. Ecellent perk for 7 day cruise or longer.

1d.jpg Alaska (my BIG 50)Serenade of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;8;8;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Folgy,

When did they start offering the comp. dry cleaning for concierge? The last 2 cruises (Serenade and Brilliance) it wasn't offered. But please, Folgy, say hi to Maritza.. she'll win you over... super lovely, wonderful person AND she tried to keep the rugrats at bay.

Carolyn

PS.. concierge lounge is the ONLY place to get a decent coffee w/o paying extra... LOVE the cappucino machine... unf. couldn't get it in suitcase.

icon_smile.gif Folgy, we had a B suite on our Hawaiian cruise and had to PAY for our drycleaning. When did this become available to suite cabins? Do you think I could have this charge reversed if I point it out to RCI? I was in Cabin 1600 (B suite).

animtink.gif

Celia

"Jewel OTS " 06/04 # 11 & 12

"Brilliance OTS" 04/05 # 13 & 14

Royal Caribbean does NOT offer complimentary laundry and dry cleaning to suites and/or diamond members.

It is offered on Princess for full suites and for their ELITE captain's circle members and HAL in S & PS suites only.

Warning - after the excellent service at the Concierge you will be spoiled for life.

We also did not have free drycleaning on the VOS last September. They did not hesitate to charge my Seapass card and it was never reversed (not that I disputed it).

Enjoy your cruise and be prepared to be spoiled.

Grand Princess - Sept 2002

Voyager - Sept 2003

Roll call Explorer 09/19/04 click here

This was sent to me via email from the staff @ RCCL.

The following ships offer the Concierge Club are:

Voyager of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas

Jewel of the Seas

The following guests have access to the Concierge Club:

Guests in cateogry B or above on sail dates before recatagorization

Guests in cateogry GS or above on sail dates after recatagorization

Diamond members of the Crown & Anchor Society regardless of cateogry

The Concierge is available the above guests with any special requests they may

have. The concierge is available in the Concierge Lounge daily from 8.30 am –

11.30am and from 5pm – 8.30pm.

Concierge Club guests are offered amenities and services not available to other

guests onboard the ship. For their convenience, here is a brief summary of those

services.

Use of the Concierge Club lounge, located on deck # 9 between the aft elevators.

Concierge Club Offers:

Personalized stationary available.

Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8am until 10am

Hors d’oeuvres and petit fours served in the lounge, beginning the second

evening, before and after dinner respectively

An honour bar (self service bar with no fee) is available for your convenience

Reserved time for Ice Skating and Rock Climbing, please register before the

second evening of the cruise

Reservations for Portofino restaurant and Explorations Tours

Appointments for the Salon or for Spa Treatments

Tickets for the Ice Show – available in the Concierge Lounge beginning the

second night of the cruise

Movies and CD’s are available to borrow during my desk hours that are listed

above

Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering of your dinner wine

Assistance with arrangement of private parties -Business services (assistant

with faxing or copying).

Use of a portable ship phone

The concierge works within the Purser’s division on board and can also help

with any cash transactions, special requests or concerns that the guest may

have.

*Please note that the Concierge Lounge is a private lounge reserved for guests

staying in staterooms of Category B or GS and above.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Raenell Shah

[THREAD ID:1-U37H]The lounge is accessible twenty-four hours a day with the

yellow key given to each guest in these categories. We respectfully request that

guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge, the lounge has

also been designated a smoke-free area.

SPFEB 14 2005 CRUISE!!!!Until we CRUISE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;2;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500LENDOR OF THE SEAS 2000

BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS 2005

cmjaffe

Quote:

Folgy,

When did they start offering the comp. dry cleaning for concierge? The last 2 cruises (Serenade and Brilliance) it wasn't offered. But please, Folgy, say hi to Maritza.. she'll win you over... super lovely, wonderful person AND she tried to keep the rugrats at bay.

Carolyn

PS.. concierge lounge is the ONLY place to get a decent coffee w/o paying extra... LOVE the cappucino machine... unf. couldn't get it in suitcase.

-------------------------------------------

I stand corrected. I received this perk Only on the HAL cruises. My DW has reminded me that we did not get free dry cleaning with RCCL concierge service. My Mistake (sorry)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;8;8;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Concierge service varies from line to line. The free laundry thing is HAL. RCI does have an open bar starting at 5 PM through 8 PM. The selection is limited but nice. There is also a continental breakfast (with potable coffee) in the concierge lounge. You drink your beverage in the lounge. It isn't really for take-out unless the room is very very crowded. The real concierge service includes making shoreside arrangements, supper reservations and that sort of thing. Happy Sails

catwalk4.gif

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

catwalk3.gif

yarlenna, I didn't know you were supposed to drink your coffee in the lounge. I went there every morning and got two cups coffe and goodies to eat. Maritza would put the items on a tray for me and hold the door open while I walked out. She even gave me 6 or 8 extra wine glasses every afternoon for my guests to use. Of course i always returned them, cleaned them and put them away. She was always ready to please.

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

***Pet Peeve Alert***

The use of the word "free". Nothing is ever "free" icon_wink.gif. The proper word to use would be "included" icon_wink.gif.

Getting off my pet peeve soapbox! Happy Friday everyone!

Kath

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;08;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 The big 5-0 cruise!

08/05 - Adventure of the Seas

11/02 - Amsterdam

08/01 - Norwegian Sky

11/99 - Veendam

11/93 - Monarch of the Seas

***Pet Peeve Alert***

The incorrect use of the word "free" drives me crazy!! Nothing is ever "free" icon_wink.gif. The proper word would be "included" icon_wink.gif.

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Kath

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;08;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 The big 5-0 cruise!

11/02 - Amsterdam

08/01 - Norwegian Sky

11/99 - Veendam

Sorry on the almost duplicate messages. The first one didn't go through (or so I thought) and then I had to re-post it (edited) and then it wouldn't allow me to delete it! Sorry!

Kath

11/02 - Amsterdam

08/01 - Norwegian Sky

11/99 - Veendam

CTKath ,

Sorry I said 'FREE' icon_wink.gif

Somethings ,sometimes are included. NOT included is Dry Cleaning on RCCL (what a bummer)

It sure was nice to have also on Our 11 day Hawaii cruise with Princess Cruises.(..as my DW reminded me of also.)

The beverages that were not for take-out were the sodas and alcoholic beverages. Though, the few times I took them out, the concierge only asked that we return the glasses. I DID, however, see and hear him explain to another guest that the beverages were not for take-out. I guess that if they see the privilege being abused, they put their foot down.

catwalk4.gif

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

catwalk3.gif

The only perk that I'm hearing...that is impressive...is the free alcoholic beverages. Everything else my normal room service attendant has always provided for me. Am I right folks...the perks just aren't impressing me. Now if they did have free laundering...now you are talking.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;4;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My first balcony on the Serenade - 4/16/05!!!

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

dentalchic,

Its hard to put into words. I guess you just have to see it to believe it...icon_smile.gif

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

fireguy...I'm just thinking about bumping to a suite on my next cruise...keeping it hush, hush from the family...and then letting their mouths drop when we open our cabin door. They already know we are getting a balcony cabin...our first...so we are already excited. I just really need to be sold on the suite...because it is quite a jump in price. Thanks. With a regular stateroom...we already get spoiled by our stewards...or atleast that has been my history...and there is 24 room service to enjoy out on my balcony...so aside from the 3 hours of open bar, which is a wonderful plus, I just don't see the big deal. But yes...maybe it is just one of those things you need to experience to understand...like cruising for instance!!! Maybe I should start that as a new thread. "Sell me on a suite"...LOL.

OK actually there are 3 things that entice me...Jes...I think I'm actually selling myself on this...LOL

1. 2 C&A credits

2. preferential boarding

3. open bar every night???

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;4;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My first balcony on the Serenade - 4/16/05!!!

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

The open bar is 24 hrs. you have your card to enter the room and you fix your own drink. We did this several times and also did it every morning for our cappuccino if we were up really early. The lounge is wonderful before dinner, great hot and cold appetizers and drinks with wonderful people. You also have access to the menus for the evening in the morning so you can decide if an alternative restaurant would be better. We loved the extra attention. Never had to stand in line for anything at all!

pinkrosesdeb,

If your bar was open 24 hrs then it must depend on the concierge. Our concierge had the booze looked up until happy hr. but you could get water soda, coffee 24/7

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

dentalchic,

You will truly enjoy it. Maritza is the best.

For one week you will feel like you are really special.

This example is for the golfers out there. Its the difference between a private country club and a public course...icon_smile.gif

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

Archived