Does a restaurant in Freeport really feed the sharks?

Carolyn1950

On a Freeport question, I saw this in a post a while back and wondered if anyone has actually seen this..I mentioned this to my nieces and they thought they would love to see this.. Go figure:rolleyes:

Does anyone know the name of the restaurant?

"There is a mini "straw market" near the ship with a bar... a restaurant is within walking distance and it is over the water... would not suggest swimming there as the feed the sharks leftovers as a "show."

On a Freeport question, I saw this in a post a while back and wondered if anyone has actually seen this..I mentioned this to my nieces and they thought they would love to see this.. Go figure:rolleyes:

Does anyone know the name of the restaurant?

"There is a mini "straw market" near the ship with a bar... a restaurant is within walking distance and it is over the water... would not suggest swimming there as the feed the sharks leftovers as a "show."

Found my own answer..Apparently the Pier 1 restaurant did indeed feed sharks 3 times a day but hurricane Francis blew it away.. Oh, well.

Actually, Pier One has reopened now, and shark feeding is once again happening, every evening. Seems they aren't emphasizing it as much as they used to - no chumming anymore, just tossing some fish in the water. One time we saw one shark, another time we saw none - just lots of fish enjoying the feeding.

Archived