Example teen crew activity calander

So, many people have looked on here for the lists of activities that their teen will do in the teen club aboard the Norwegian ships. My scanner doesn't work so I'm going to type up the sheet that we got on the Norwegian Spirit, 7/26/08-8/02/08. All of the activities locations are listed aswell, but I'm not going to type them in. These activities are not guaranteed to be the same for each ship, but they are all similar. Any of my own thoughts or added explinations will be in (). (Coming from a now 16 yr. olds POV)

(For all activities, if there is not enough teens at each then they will be cancled. The teen club is open for teens to hang out in whenever they like. And whenever the ship is in port there will not be many schedualed [the teens can still hang out in the room] activities so that your teen will not be missing anything big)

1st day (Leaving NY)

12-3pm ~ Early Registration

4-6pm ~ Late Registration (even if your teen is skeptical to joining the teen crew, if they plan on going to any of the activities sign them up at one of these 2 registrations, its a pain getting them signed up in the middle of your cruise)

6pm ~ Teen Club Opens - Orientation & Registration

8pm ~ Get To Know You - Ice Breakers (cheesy & clichéd, but it does help to make more friends)

9pm ~ Ship Scavenger Hunt - Go find other teens to help you

10:30pm ~ Kick Off Teen Disco

2nd day (Sea Day)

11am ~ Gorilla Hunt (Hide and Seek where the hider is wearing a gorilla mask, I love the older passengers reactions)

12pm ~ Hungry? Come Meet For Lunch (Just a normal lunch in the garden café with all the teens [that show up])

1:30pm ~ Battle Of The Sexes, Boys Vs. Girls (The 2 teams come up with questions for the other side, the prizes for the winning team is a free smoothie ticket each)

3:45 ~ Teen Passport Party (The thing where you need the teen passport for [20 free smoothies/sodas/any non-alchoholic drink] though many of the teens at the party, myself included, didn't have the passport)

8pm ~ Amazing Race (Don't remember what this was)

9:15 ~ Showtime On Broadway (The teens meet in the center to go to the ships show for that night)

10:30 ~ Black & White Disco, Dress To Impress!

3rd Day (Sea Day)

11am ~ Environmentally Friendly Morning, Come & Earn Community Service Hours! (Very few if no people attend)

12pm ~ Hungry? Come Meet For Lunch (Like before, but the lunches will sometimes be in the different free resturants/buffets)

1:30pm ~ Spoons, Texas Hold'em And Other Card Games

3pm ~ Basketball Tournament

8pm ~ Teen Bingo

9:15pm ~ Second City Showtime (Another of the ship-wide shows, but I highly reccomend second city for all ages)

10:30pm ~ Toga Party (Sheets are easily obtainable from any of the carts in the hallways [make sure their clean!])

4th Day (San Juan, Puerto Rico from 2pm-12am)

11am ~ Name That Tune (Listen to music, guess the song right and win a free smoothie ticket)

12pm ~ Hungry? Come meet for lunch

9pm ~ Comedy Show (ship-wide show)

10pm ~ Island Deck Party (Up on the pool deck, but the party is ship-wide, not just the teen crew)

**Don't forget to sign up for out teen dinner tommorrow night-Space is limited!**

5th Day (Tortola, British Virgin Islands from 8am-4pm)

4pm ~ Matrix Hunt

7:45pm ~ Teen Murder Mystery Dinner - Must have signed up last night, only 16 spots (Another recommended activity, each teen will get a card and a script, and throught their dinner ask questions to each other to figure out who the murderer is. Winners get a free smoothie pass)

9:30pm ~ Twister & Scattegories Challenge

10:30pm ~ Masquerade Disco - Disguise yourself for a prize! (I don't recall anybody having a mask)

6th Day (Samana, Dominican Republic from 8am-3pm)

3pm ~ Sardines (Hide & Seek where one person hides and the rest look, but if you find them then you stay there hidden until the last person find about 10 people trying to hide behind that same plant)

4pm ~ Newly Met Game (Like the Newly Wed Game, except obviously a little different)

8pm ~ Teen Feud (Family Feud, w/o the family)

9:15pm ~ Magic Showtime with Richard Burr and Josette (UNRECOMENDED, a ship-wide show)

10:30pm ~ White Hot Party - Wear all white (Fun dance party, ship-wide)

7th Day (Sea Day)

11am ~ Dodgeball, Teen Vs. Teen

12pm ~ Hungry? Come Meet For Lunch

1:45pm ~ History Of Magic with those 2 people (unrecommended, ship-wide)

3:30pm ~ Ultimate Digital Hunt (Bring your digital camera, you're given a scavenger hunt list but must take pictures of all the items, winning team gets a free smoothie pass)

8pm ~ Hunt it Down, Wear it Well (Another scavenger hunt-ish activity, without going to your cabin [or stealing] you have to get the items on the list)

9:45pm ~ Showtime on the Radio (ship-wide)

11pm ~ Black Out Disco (Wear all black)

**Don't forget to sign up for our teen dinner tomorrow night-Space is limited!(Not really, but you need to sign up anyway for the teen directors to make the reservations)**

8th Day (Sea Day)

11am ~ 3 on 3 Basketball

12pm ~ Lunch time with your friends

1pm ~ Close Up Magic Show with those 2 people (What is with this guy?? Unrecommended)

2:30pm ~ Survivor Challenge

7:45pm ~ Farewell Dinner - Must have signed up last night! (Theres pros and cons to this, Pro: Last night you'll ever see your new friends, Cons: Some families will want to spend the last day of vacation together)

9:30pm ~ Teen Quest

10:30pm ~ Teen PJ Party! Wear your PJ's! (Not everyone did, but oh well)

9th Day (Arrive in NY)

No Activities

I hope everyone found this helpful, and sorry it was so long :)

Friends have a cabin under the teen center / video arcade on the Star. They're worried about the potential noise from activities.

Any idea if there's a lot of noise during the teen center activities?

Are the dance theme parties held in the teen center or a "bar"? How late do they go if in the teen center?

Thanks so much.

Thanks for the info. I really am hoping I can get my 13yr old to attend some of the teen things on our cruise next week. My 11 and 7 yr old are more likely to get involved in the clubs than my oldest one. While it is a family holiday, I really want all of them to meet new people, even if it is just for the cruise. Life has a funny way of keeping people in touch.

Candy - From experience I don't know about the Star but on the other ships I've been on, the parties have never gotten too loud. On the dawn there was the teen center and another room where the discos were, but on the spirit they were in the center, so I suppose where the teen discos are depends on the ship. Looking at the deckplan of the Star I think the discos will be in the center, but I could be wrong. And there was never a set time for when they have to leave, though most people started to leave around 12-12:30.

Silk - As the kids get to the age where they are the oldest ones in the club they will get bored, but then the next year when they're 13 and can go to the teen club instead they'll find it more entertaining

Princess:

I can't tell you how nice it is to see a 16 year old from NY actually posting something that doesn't look like a text message. Proper spelling, sentence and paragraph structure, punctuation, and capitaliztion will take you far.

I had to look up capitalizition in the dictionary, this was one post I didn't want to go wrong on, obviously. Turns out that z or s are both considered correct!

Princess:

I can't tell you how nice it is to see a 16 year old from NY actually posting something that doesn't look like a text message. Proper spelling, sentence and paragraph structure, punctuation, and capitaliztion will take you far.

I had to look up capitalizition in the dictionary, this was one post I didn't want to go wrong on, obviously. Turns out that z or s are both considered correct!

Just looked at this again. I was so obsessed with the z or s question, I left out an "a" twice. Let's try capitalization, or capitalisation!

• 4 months later...
So, many people have looked on here for the lists of activities that their teen will do in the teen club aboard the Norwegian ships. My scanner doesn't work so I'm going to type up the sheet that we got on the Norwegian Spirit, 7/26/08-8/02/08. All of the activities locations are listed aswell, but I'm not going to type them in. These activities are not guaranteed to be the same for each ship, but they are all similar. Any of my own thoughts or added explinations will be in (). (Coming from a now 16 yr. olds POV)

(For all activities, if there is not enough teens at each then they will be cancled. The teen club is open for teens to hang out in whenever they like. And whenever the ship is in port there will not be many schedualed [the teens can still hang out in the room] activities so that your teen will not be missing anything big)

1st day (Leaving NY)

12-3pm ~ Early Registration

4-6pm ~ Late Registration (even if your teen is skeptical to joining the teen crew, if they plan on going to any of the activities sign them up at one of these 2 registrations, its a pain getting them signed up in the middle of your cruise)

6pm ~ Teen Club Opens - Orientation & Registration

8pm ~ Get To Know You - Ice Breakers (cheesy & clichéd, but it does help to make more friends)

9pm ~ Ship Scavenger Hunt - Go find other teens to help you

10:30pm ~ Kick Off Teen Disco

2nd day (Sea Day)

11am ~ Gorilla Hunt (Hide and Seek where the hider is wearing a gorilla mask, I love the older passengers reactions)

12pm ~ Hungry? Come Meet For Lunch (Just a normal lunch in the garden café with all the teens [that show up])

1:30pm ~ Battle Of The Sexes, Boys Vs. Girls (The 2 teams come up with questions for the other side, the prizes for the winning team is a free smoothie ticket each)

3:45 ~ Teen Passport Party (The thing where you need the teen passport for [20 free smoothies/sodas/any non-alchoholic drink] though many of the teens at the party, myself included, didn't have the passport)

8pm ~ Amazing Race (Don't remember what this was)

9:15 ~ Showtime On Broadway (The teens meet in the center to go to the ships show for that night)

10:30 ~ Black & White Disco, Dress To Impress!

3rd Day (Sea Day)

11am ~ Environmentally Friendly Morning, Come & Earn Community Service Hours! (Very few if no people attend)

12pm ~ Hungry? Come Meet For Lunch (Like before, but the lunches will sometimes be in the different free resturants/buffets)

1:30pm ~ Spoons, Texas Hold'em And Other Card Games

3pm ~ Basketball Tournament

8pm ~ Teen Bingo

9:15pm ~ Second City Showtime (Another of the ship-wide shows, but I highly reccomend second city for all ages)

10:30pm ~ Toga Party (Sheets are easily obtainable from any of the carts in the hallways [make sure their clean!])

4th Day (San Juan, Puerto Rico from 2pm-12am)

11am ~ Name That Tune (Listen to music, guess the song right and win a free smoothie ticket)

12pm ~ Hungry? Come meet for lunch

9pm ~ Comedy Show (ship-wide show)

10pm ~ Island Deck Party (Up on the pool deck, but the party is ship-wide, not just the teen crew)

**Don't forget to sign up for out teen dinner tommorrow night-Space is limited!**

5th Day (Tortola, British Virgin Islands from 8am-4pm)

4pm ~ Matrix Hunt

7:45pm ~ Teen Murder Mystery Dinner - Must have signed up last night, only 16 spots (Another recommended activity, each teen will get a card and a script, and throught their dinner ask questions to each other to figure out who the murderer is. Winners get a free smoothie pass)

9:30pm ~ Twister & Scattegories Challenge

10:30pm ~ Masquerade Disco - Disguise yourself for a prize! (I don't recall anybody having a mask)

6th Day (Samana, Dominican Republic from 8am-3pm)

3pm ~ Sardines (Hide & Seek where one person hides and the rest look, but if you find them then you stay there hidden until the last person find about 10 people trying to hide behind that same plant)

4pm ~ Newly Met Game (Like the Newly Wed Game, except obviously a little different)

8pm ~ Teen Feud (Family Feud, w/o the family)

9:15pm ~ Magic Showtime with Richard Burr and Josette (UNRECOMENDED, a ship-wide show)

10:30pm ~ White Hot Party - Wear all white (Fun dance party, ship-wide)

7th Day (Sea Day)

11am ~ Dodgeball, Teen Vs. Teen

12pm ~ Hungry? Come Meet For Lunch

1:45pm ~ History Of Magic with those 2 people (unrecommended, ship-wide)

3:30pm ~ Ultimate Digital Hunt (Bring your digital camera, you're given a scavenger hunt list but must take pictures of all the items, winning team gets a free smoothie pass)

8pm ~ Hunt it Down, Wear it Well (Another scavenger hunt-ish activity, without going to your cabin [or stealing] you have to get the items on the list)

9:45pm ~ Showtime on the Radio (ship-wide)

11pm ~ Black Out Disco (Wear all black)

**Don't forget to sign up for our teen dinner tomorrow night-Space is limited!(Not really, but you need to sign up anyway for the teen directors to make the reservations)**

8th Day (Sea Day)

11am ~ 3 on 3 Basketball

12pm ~ Lunch time with your friends

1pm ~ Close Up Magic Show with those 2 people (What is with this guy?? Unrecommended)

2:30pm ~ Survivor Challenge

7:45pm ~ Farewell Dinner - Must have signed up last night! (Theres pros and cons to this, Pro: Last night you'll ever see your new friends, Cons: Some families will want to spend the last day of vacation together)

9:30pm ~ Teen Quest

10:30pm ~ Teen PJ Party! Wear your PJ's! (Not everyone did, but oh well)

9th Day (Arrive in NY)

No Activities

I hope everyone found this helpful, and sorry it was so long :)

Appreciate that you did this!

Thanks so much for posting this. The website doesn't post much for teens and this really helps; I'll be taking 3 of my grandchildren on the Jewel this summer (shhhh, it's a surprise) with the oldest being 15. I think he will really love some of these activities.

Thanks so much for the activity post. I will have a few teens in there on our 50th Anniversary cruise which is 17 months away on the EPIC. They say they aren't interested, but now I have some ammunition to try to show them what could be and time to hopefully talk them into 'something'. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived