Sale and Upgrading Past Reservation

bigred4770

I am booked for an inside on the Freedom but after reading a lot of posts about balconys I have decided to upgrade to one of these. The question that I have is I booked using the early savers rate. Here are my questions:

1. Can I upgrade?

2. Does the price protection carry over if the new cabin is not an early saver?

3. Ive heard that there is going to be a sale soon - do upgrades also count for this (i.e. offers of category upgrades or shipboard credits)

Any past experiences or opinions are welcome ! :)

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Not sure

I booked two OV cabins ES for my cruise coming up next week. In early May, the rates for a Balcony cabin were actually cheaper than my OV rooms. Called Carnival and they not only upgraded me to two Balcony cabins, I also got $50 OBC per cabin because the 3rd person rate was less than what I had paid. Two weeks later the Past Guest rate for my new Balcony cabin dropped $50 apiece for the first two passengers. I filed my claim and got an additional $100 per cabin in OBC.

So....booked 2 OV cabins, ended up with two Balcony cabins PLUS $150 OBC for each cabin. Upgrading to the new cabin still kept us with the ES program. We just had to watch a different cabin rate.

Archived